SBB TEE restaurant coach

tudor erich

Can anyone advise if an HO model of this coach has been or is
available? If so who made it?

TIA

Bernard Haste

gordonwis <gordon373@...>

Is there such a thing as an SBB 'TEE restaurant coach'? I didn't think
so

Tim Hall <kalyr@...>

gordonwis writes:

Is there such a thing as an SBB 'TEE restaurant coach'? I didn't think so
Scroll down to the botton of the page (3rd from the bottom)
http://mgsharp.com/Kato_European_N.htm

I think this is a 1960s UIC coach. It's N rather than HO, and it anybody's guess when (if ever) it will actually be available.

tudor erich

--- gordonwis <gordon373@lycos.co.uk> wrote:
Is there such a thing as an SBB 'TEE restaurant
coach'? I didn't think so
Dear Gordon,

WRm 51.85.88.70.000 original number later
61.85.88.70.000.

My understanding is that it was built as a replacement
for a NS/CFF diesel TEE restaurant car damaged in an
accident on 9/2/1971.

Bernard

[moderator's note: Your messages wouldn't be moderated if you
would be so kind and put the answer after the question, as it
was now done by your moderator. This would avoid delays. I can
add, that the dining car 88-70 000 was delivered in 1967, painted
red. 1972 it got a new livery for the Bavaria. Markus]

Bill Bolton

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:48:00 -0000, you wrote:

Can anyone advise if an HO model of this coach has been or is
available? If so who made it?
If I recall correctly, Lilliput did one in the 1970s.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia

Bill Bolton

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:35:36 -0000, gordon373@lycos.co.uk wrote:

Is there such a thing as an SBB 'TEE restaurant coach'? I didn't think
so
Think again then....

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/restaurant/CFF_WR-RIC-TEE_1.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia

lbulger@...

gordonwis" <gordon373@lycos.co.uk> wrote:
Is there such a thing as an SBB 'TEE restaurant coach'?
I didn't think so
The TEE Bavaria was originally run with an RAm, but one of these was destroyed in a horrendous accident at Aitrang in 1971. After that, a locomotive hauled consist was used. The dining car was a red SBB type X. At some point, it was painted in the TEE colors to match the German coaches.

Leonard Bulger

[moderator's note: Your messages wouldn't be moderated if you would
be so kind and put the answer after the question, as it was now done
by your moderator. This would avoid delays. I can add, that the dining
cars were air conditioned and thus type Z, later called Z1 and not X.
Markus]

Guerbetaler <guerbetaler@...>

Tim Hall wrote:
gordonwis writes:
Is there such a thing as an SBB 'TEE restaurant coach'? I didn't
think so
Scroll down to the botton of the page (3rd from the bottom)
http://mgsharp.com/Kato_European_N.htm
I think this is a 1960s UIC coach. It's N rather than HO, and it
anybody's guess when (if ever) it will actually be available.
The original question was answered on SwissRailModeling. May I
remind members that modeling questions should be sent to that group.
Of course we are glad to help any modeler with prototype questions
in this group and so I may add on the subject:

WRm 61 85 88-70 000 of 1967 (UIC-Z1) got TEE livery in 1972 to be
used together with two DB coaches in the M�nchen - Z�rich Bavaria
after the RAm 501 had derailed at Aitrang. In the same year and for
the same train (only Z�rich - Lindau of course) the two Re 4/4 I 10033
and 10034 also got TEE-livery and one �BB pantograph.

Markus, G�rbetal

Leonard Bulger <lbulger@...>

On Nov 13, 2006, at 9:33 AM, lbulger@comcast.net wrote:
gordonwis" <gordon373@lycos.co.uk> wrote:
Is there such a thing as an SBB 'TEE restaurant coach'?
I didn't think so
The TEE Bavaria was originally run with an RAm, but one of these
was destroyed in a horrendous accident at Aitrang in 1971. After
that, a locomotive hauled consist was used. The dining car was a
red SBB type X. At some point, it was painted in the TEE colors to
match the German coaches.

Leonard Bulger

[moderator's note: Your messages wouldn't be moderated if you would
be so kind and put the answer after the question, as it was now done
by your moderator. This would avoid delays. I can add, that the dining
cars were air conditioned and thus type Z, later called Z1 and not X.
Markus]
I apologize to the esteemed list manager about putting the answer
after question. The web application that I was using to read
my home email from work doesn't allow me to edit or move the quoted
reply at all. I spent about 10 minutes trying to do it and ran out
of lunch hour.

As for the WRm RIC used in the Bavaria, it was air conditioned, but
it was based on the UIC Type-X. These diners were put into service
in 1967. They were originally painted red, but later were painted
orange to match the Eurofima coaches. The Eurofima coaches aka type
UIC-Z went into service starting in 1977. The Bavaria became loco
hauled in 1971. The type SBB X coaches have Schlieren trucks and
folding doors while the Eurofimas have sliding doors and Fiat
trucks. To further complicate things, SBB had un-air conditioned
second class type X coaches painted in the orange Eurofima paint scheme.

Leonard Bulger

Guerbetaler <guerbetaler@...>

Leonard Bulger wrote:
I apologize to the esteemed list manager about putting the answer
after question. The web application that I was using to read
my home email from work doesn't allow me to edit or move the quoted
reply at all. I spent about 10 minutes trying to do it and ran out
of lunch hour.
I am sorry but I don't know Apple Mail you use. I can only give some
general hints:
- Choose "plain text" format, not HTML or "Rich Text".
- If you don't get on with your mail program, use Yahoo's online editor.
Select the message you want to answer. Open it (by clicking on
the subject) and then click "Reply" but /don't/ use the Rich-Text Editor.

As for the WRm RIC used in the Bavaria, it was air conditioned, but
it was based on the UIC Type-X. These diners were put into service
in 1967. They were originally painted red, but later were painted
orange to match the Eurofima coaches. The Eurofima coaches aka type
UIC-Z went into service starting in 1977. The Bavaria became loco
hauled in 1971. The type SBB X coaches have Schlieren trucks and
folding doors while the Eurofimas have sliding doors and Fiat
trucks. To further complicate things, SBB had un-air conditioned
second class type X coaches painted in the orange Eurofima paint
scheme.
The definition of what is X and what is Z has changed over the years.
First there was only X (and Y), then Z was added and finally split
into Z1 and Z2.

"UIC-Z" is NOT a synonym for "Eurofima coach". All Eurofima coaches
are UIC-Z1, but not the other way round. The valid definition is this:

26.4 m length and 6 seats per compartment = type X or Z
standard compartment dimension = X (12 in 2nd or 10 in 1st class)
more spacious compartment = Z (11 in 2nd or 9 in 1st class)
no air condition = X or Z2
air condition = Z1

Thus, only the first hundered SBB Bm 22-70 000-099 are type X,
all the rest is Z1 or Z2. The 40 orange and the 180 green
Bm 21-70 000-219 were type Z2 (now rebuilt into Bpm 21-70).

Door and bogie type is not part of UIC-type definition.

BTW type Y was the shorter cars with 8 seats per compartment in
2nd class as SNCF and many Eastern European companies had them.

Markus, G�rbetal