Doh!

Should have included the link:
http://www.iansswisstrainphotos.fotopic.net/

Sorry!

Krist van Besien

On 10/17/07, Ian Alexander <ian.alexander1@btinternet.com> wrote:

Should have included the link:
http://www.iansswisstrainphotos.fotopic.net/
That picture of a Talgo in Montreux you took in 88 intrigues me. What
train service was this? And I didn't know that the SNCF had once
locomotives that ran in Switzerland.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

pascal_joris

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Krist van Besien"
<krist.vanbesien@...> wrote:
That picture of a Talgo in Montreux you took in 88 intrigues me.
Would it help you if it's Geneva?

gordonwis

<krist.vanbesien@...> wrote:
That picture of a Talgo in Montreux you took in 88 intrigues me. What
train service was this? And I didn't know that the SNCF had once
locomotives that ran in Switzerland.
Clearly they did not.

The train is the Catalan Talgo EC70/71 and it is standing in Platform 7
at Genève Cornavin

Krist van Besien

<krist.vanbesien@...> wrote:
> That picture of a Talgo in Montreux you took in 88 intrigues me. What
> train service was this? And I didn't know that the SNCF had once
> locomotives that ran in Switzerland.

Clearly they did not.

The train is the Catalan Talgo EC70/71 and it is standing in Platform 7
at Genève Cornavin
In this case the picture's label is wrong then.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland
--
A: It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
Q: What's wrong with top-posting?

<krist.vanbesien@> wrote:
That picture of a Talgo in Montreux you took in 88 intrigues me.
Would it help you if it's Geneva?
I can confirm it is Geneva - we were staying in Monteux and visited
Geneva. If I remember correctly this is the service for Barcelona.

<krist.vanbesien@> wrote:
That picture of a Talgo in Montreux you took in 88 intrigues
me. What train service was this? And I didn't know that the
SNCF had once locomotives that ran in Switzerland.
Clearly they did not.

The train is the Catalan Talgo EC70/71 and it is standing in
Platform 7 at Genève Cornavin
In this case the picture's label is wrong then.
The description doesn't mention Montreux - I've added Geneva to it
now - the jpg file name contains "Montreux"

gordonwis

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Alexander" <ian.alexander1@...>
wrote:

I can confirm it is Geneva - we were staying in Monteux and visited
Geneva. If I remember correctly this is the service for Barcelona.
Sorry, should have clarified that the Catalan Talgo EC70/71 was indeed
Genève - Barcelona and v.v. and it is standing in Platform 7 at Genève
Cornavin.

BTW Around 5pm in the evening used to be the best time at Genève in the
old days, when you could see French, Swiss, Spanish and German rolling
stock alongside each other in the station, for a period of quite a few
years the Talgo from Barcelona met the Rheingold from Hook of Holland,
so two 'ends' of Europe met each other in the middle!