Swiss customs in Lausanne Station?

Richard Bowen

Not a station directly on the border agreed - but
there are TGVs to the EU - first stop Paris.

It seems very little different from Cornavin or St. Pancras for instance.

Or am I wrong?

Such signs are usually in no photography areas.

Richard A. Bowen

airliners_2000 <airliners_2000@...>

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Bowen" <Richard.Bowen@...>
wrote:

Not a station directly on the border agreed - but
there are TGVs to the EU - first stop Paris.
When I took the TGV to Dijon for a day trip from Lausanne in 2005, the
train stopped at Vallorbe before entering France. On the return, the
Swiss customs officials boarded the train in Vallorbe as well (or it
might have been Frasne, right before Vallorbe in France) and checked
us as the train continued to Lausanne.

I'm surprised I have never noticed this sign or any international
platforms at Lausanne as I am very familiar with the station having
visited it many times. It's one of my favorite stations in Switzerland.

Rachel <folkingham@...>

Not a station directly on the border agreed - but
there are TGVs to the EU - first stop Paris.
When I took the TGV to Dijon for a day trip from Lausanne in 2005, the
train stopped at Vallorbe before entering France. On the return, the
Swiss customs officials boarded the train in Vallorbe as well (or it
might have been Frasne, right before Vallorbe in France) and checked
us as the train continued to Lausanne.
In October last year whilst travelling from Lausanne to Paris, the train
also stopped just before entering France and customs officials boarded the
train. I can't remember the station name

Regards Rachel

gordonwis

wrote:

Not a station directly on the border agreed - but
there are TGVs to the EU - first stop Paris.
Actually - they all stop at Vallorbe, Richard (and Frasne and Dijon -
some stop also at Mouchard)

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel" <folkingham@...> wrote:

also stopped just before entering France and customs officials
boarded the
train. I can't remember the station name
Vallorbe is that station

Max Wyss

Not a station directly on the border agreed - but
there are TGVs to the EU - first stop Paris.
I am wondering whether this is already a preparation for Switzerland
becoming fully integrated into the Schengen area. In this case,
passport controls are no longer necessary, but customs still are
there. And then, such a reminder might make sense, assuming that the
Vallorbe (etc.) stop would be dropped.

Max.

gordonwis

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Max Wyss" <max@...> wrote:

I am wondering whether this is already a preparation for Switzerland
becoming fully integrated into the Schengen area.
I am wondering if that's why we were grilled as never before at the
road border at Delle the other week. Perhaps the douaniers are
asserting their right to grill people while they still have the chance!

Krist van Besien

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:41 AM, gordonwis <gordonwis@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Max Wyss" <max@...> wrote:

> I am wondering whether this is already a preparation for Switzerland
> becoming fully integrated into the Schengen area.

I am wondering if that's why we were grilled as never before at the
road border at Delle the other week. Perhaps the douaniers are
asserting their right to grill people while they still have the chance!
It's more like they don't have that much on their hands at Delle. I've
never been stopped at Basel for example (even not last weekend with 5
crates of Belgian beer in my trunk). But I have had to open my boot
when I entered Switzerland via Delle.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "Krist van Besien"
<krist.vanbesien@...> wrote:
crates of Belgian beer in my trunk). But I have had to open my boot
when I entered Switzerland via Delle.
Yep we had the full boot-open grilling - we had shopped in a
supermarket near Epinal, but had to fully justify why we had provisions
for a week in a self catering chalet and would not have raeched any
shops still open once we were in Switzerland