Swiss loco webcam

john87023 <nimbus.titan@...>

Hello
Does anyone know if webcam on the Swiss Re460 is coming back as it hasn't been available for many months

csipromo

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "john87023" <nimbus.titan@...> wrote:

Hello
Does anyone know if webcam on the Swiss Re460 is coming back as it hasn't been available for many months
The Re 460 "My Switzerland" has been repainted in red and no longer advertises for the Swiss Tourism Office. I think that this must have something to do with the end of the webcam's use.

Here is a photo from last year. You can see that the camera was still installed in the cab in 01/2008.
http://www.juergs.ch/bahn/vorbild/bilder/sbb/re460/078.html

I wonder if any of the members have more recent photos, so that we can see if the camera is still there a little over one year later.

bob gillis <robertgillis@...>

csipromo wrote:
--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "john87023" <nimbus.titan@...> wrote:
Hello Does anyone know if webcam on the Swiss Re460 is coming back as it hasn't been available for many months
The Re 460 "My Switzerland" has been repainted in red and no longer advertises for the Swiss Tourism Office. I think that this must have something to do with the end of the webcam's use.
Since the loco is never seen from a camera in the cab, this makes little
sense. The Lokocam has not been working for about 3 months.

bob gillis
Here is a photo from last year. You can see that the camera was still
installed in the cab in 01/2008. http://www.juergs.ch/bahn/vorbild/bilder/sbb/re460/078.html
I wonder if any of the members have more recent photos, so that we can see if the camera is still there a little over one year later.
------------------------------------

csipromo

wrote:
Hello Does anyone know if webcam on the Swiss Re460 is coming back
as it hasn't been available for many months
The Re 460 "My Switzerland" has been repainted in red and no longer
advertises for the Swiss Tourism Office. I think that this must have
something to do with the end of the webcam's use.
Since the loco is never seen from a camera in the cab, this makes little
sense. The Lokocam has not been working for about 3 months.
Although I have not seen a photo on the official site for over a year, it appears that the camera has been still active, as there are photos (archive) from much of 2008 and early January at
http://www.ferrosteph.net/ferrosteph/sbb/index.html

This was the site where the individual photos had been posted.
http://home.rol3.com/myswitzerland/Livebild.jpg

According to the Ferrosteph photos, the lok was in regular service until just before Christmas 2008. You are right in assuming that something mechanical must have happened to the lok that required longer than normal servicing.

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, bob gillis <robertgillis@...> wrote:

Since the loco is never seen from a camera in the cab, this makes little sense
I think you have misunderstood.

It does make sense, because AFAIK the loco was a sort of 'sponsorship' deal between SBB and Swiss tourism, so if that arangement has come to an end, as implied by the change of livery - it follows that the camera would have been discontinued at the same time.

Hayward Godwin

In case anyone would like to know, this link should be interesting
for MOB fans :

http://www.bildersammlung.ch/bahn-webcam-goldenpass/webcam.php

It's due to be back again in April but there are still some days left in the history.

Click Vorhandene Bilder for the drop down menu to see the dates available.

The site needs to be kept in Play mode and only stopped for a few minutes for best results.

This stops it going back to start mode.

[no TOFU on SwissRail! <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOFU> ]

Hayward Godwin

Here's a link to a library of these pictures :

My Switzerland

http://www.ferrosteph.net/apps/gen_cal.asp?OT=2003

Guerbetaler

csipromo wrote:
john87023 wrote:
Does anyone know if webcam on the Swiss Re460 is coming back as it
hasn't been available for many months
The Re 460 "My Switzerland" has been repainted in red and no longer
advertises for the Swiss Tourism Office. I think that this must have
something to do with the end of the webcam's use.

Here is a photo from last year. You can see that the camera was
still installed in the cab in 01/2008.
http://www.juergs.ch/bahn/vorbild/bilder/sbb/re460/078.html

I wonder if any of the members have more recent photos, so that we
can see if the camera is still there a little over one year later.
We were pulled to Z�rich by this locomotive on 8 March and could
see the camera when getting out at Z�rich.

Repainting is said to have occurred about November 2008 but the
last pictures are from January 2009, thogh not moving.
http://www.ferrosteph.net/common/apps/gen_cal_2.asp?OT=2009

The last pictures from different places were on 24 Dec 2008.
http://www.ferrosteph.net/common/apps/gen_cal_2.asp?OT=2008

And... the whole thing had started on 6 Dec 2000!
http://www.ferrosteph.net/common/apps/gen_cal_2.asp?OT=2000

All pictures are in this private archive!

Markus, G�rbetal