Theft of two locomotives in Le Bouveret

Guerbetaler

This is an official press release of the well known Swiss Vapeur Parc in Le Bouveret, Switzerland, on the lake of Geneva (Lac Léman), where a 5" and 7 1/4" park railway is operated. I think all rail enthusiasts worldwide who have an interest in Swiss railways should know this (and I apologize for being partly off-topic for the groups I send this message to):

The Swiss Vapeur Park closed its doors on 1 November 2011. Some days
later, on Saturday 5 November, we cleaned our models for the winter. After a good season everything went in the best way to end.

On 17 November our gardener stated the fact that one of the door of our
workshop was slightly damaged. He informs the management of the Swiss Vapeur Park. After checking the facts it became clear that a gasoline locomotive (BVB) and a steam engine of the type Mallet, which is operated with gas were missing.

The police was fast on the place, in order to accomplish their investigation. The theft was committed between 5 and 16 November. The authors broke the doors of 3 workshops and carried the two locomotives outside the park. It is with difficulty comprehensible, how it
succeeded to load these locomotives because the BVB weighs alone approximately 800 kg!

The members of the Swiss Vapeur Park are very much concerned by this
theft. Nobody could find an explanation, how these locomotives can be theft, since these are unique. These models are unique constructions well-known from each railway amateur, who the model railway in the 5 - or 71/4" operates.

The price is difficulty appreciable. The realisation of these models are
the result of voluntary aides, that have the passion for mechanics. The theft property corresponds thousand hour to work time.

The police looks for actively all testimonies, which could help the
theft to clarify. The persons in possession of information are asked to contact the police to announce itself (024 486 60 00).

Swiss Vapeur Park:

Sébastien Oggier - André-Pierre Tardy
s.oggier@swissvapeur.ch
079 370 88 37

The stolen locomotives are
- BDeh 4/4 83 "BVB"
- Mallet 89 1'C+C1' "California Western"
<http://www.swissvapeur.ch/images/vol/index.php>

Please keep your eyes open! Thank you.
Markus, Gürbetal

martinbaumann112 <martinbaumann112@...>

It was announced today that the locos have been recovered, one in Lucerne and the other in Prattlen. They have been returned to Le Bouveret but are in poor condition. Two men resident in Lucerne have been arrested.

(Summary of page from www.teletext.ch)

Am 24.12.2011 12:22, schrieb martinbaumann112:
It was announced today that the locos have been recovered, one in
Lucerne and the other in Prattlen. They have been returned to Le
Bouveret but are in poor condition. Two men resident in Lucerne have
been arrested.
It seems that they started to prepare the BDeh for repainting.
<http://www.luzernerzeitung.ch/zentralschweiz/kantone/luzern/Zwei-Luzerner-stehlen-Miniatur-Lokomotiven;art92,144735>
(with photo)

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever "stole" an SBB locomotive and taken it for a joyride, even for just a few hundred meters?

OL.Guerbetal

Am 27.12.2011 17:24, schrieb jlovda:
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever "stole" an SBB locomotive and taken
it for a joyride, even for just a few hundred meters?
I can't recall such an event. But there was the case of the man who showed up on the locomotive, telling "his colleague" that he had to refresh his specific knowledge of the line ("Streckenkenntnis"). This is not so unusual and the booked driver let the wrong driver do the work (at his side), which he obviously did quite well...

... But there was the case of the man who
showed up on the locomotive, telling "his colleague" that he had to
refresh his specific knowledge of the line ("Streckenkenntnis").
That might be the thing to do on the Gotthard line to avoid paying $600 as a tourist to ride in the cab.

John

OL.Guerbetal

Am 29.12.2011 18:15, schrieb jlovda:
... But there was the case of the man who showed up on the
locomotive, telling "his colleague" that he had to refresh his
specific knowledge of the line ("Streckenkenntnis").
That might be the thing to do on the Gotthard line to avoid paying
$600 as a tourist to ride in the cab.
Service language ("Fahrdienstsprache") up to Göschenen is German and from Airolo to the South it is Italian. So, if you manage to learn a perfect German and enough Italian for $600, then you can give it a try... :-)

Markus, Gürbetal