Filsur webcam - car train

glenn allen

http://webcam.schmalspurbahn.ch/filisur/webcam/m120127113151203

passed through at 11:30 this morning. Just wondering, special group perhaps? Tunnel overloaded with large amounts of traffic?

Gordon Wiseman <gordonwis@...>

No idea myself, except that I do notice that all the vehicles in view are
'upright' type 4x4s so maybe it was a charter car carrier for some group of
roaders?
Also notice the shunter pops in and out of the picture in the hours either
side

Barry Emmott <barry.emmott@...>

Gordon Wiseman wrote
"No idea myself, except that I do notice that all the vehicles in view are
'upright' type 4x4s so maybe it was a charter car carrier for some group of
roaders?"
I thought the vehicles looked somewhat military and wondered if they were army vehicles being delivered.

glenn allen

Subject: [SwissRail] Re: Filsur webcam - car train

Gordon Wiseman wrote
"No idea myself, except that I do notice that all the vehicles in view are
'upright' type 4x4s so maybe it was a charter car carrier for some group of
roaders?"
I thought the vehicles looked somewhat military and wondered if they were army vehicles being delivered.

an answer from another forum suggested that it was run in conjunction with the motorsport thing at St Moritz
today, Sunday 29th 610 was on the 1635 Berguen to Chur schlittelzug
both 702 and 704 were on Chur to St Moritz services, 611was on the Berguen to Preda schlittezuge

Berguen ticket office has moved, its now in the ground floor of the museum building combined with the tourist office, very impressive indeed. The catering van is no more it has also relocated to the Chur end of the museum building as well. There are new (free) toilets at the Preda end of the building.

Am 29.01.2012 14:29, schrieb Barry Emmott:
I thought the vehicles looked somewhat military and wondered if they
were army vehicles being delivered.
Military vehicles all have the same colour...

Markus, G�rbetal

tudor erich

Military vehicles all have the same colour...
Hello Markus,

Do you mean the blue/grey colour or the greeny/camouflage colour.....

Bernard

OL.Guerbetal

Am 29.01.2012 20:39, schrieb tudoryork:
Military vehicles all have the same colour...
Do you mean the blue/grey colour or the greeny/camouflage colour.....
I would call it brown, perhaps greenish brown:
<http://www.fahrzeugbilder.de/name/einzelbild/number/25251/kategorie/militaerfahrzeuge~schweiz~lastwagen.html>

Markus, G�rbetal

tudor erich

Hello Markus,

I thought vehicles with numberplates beginning M were also military. I`m sure I`ve seen military people using them.

Bernard

OL.Guerbetal

Am 29.01.2012 22:37, schrieb tudoryork:
I thought vehicles with numberplates beginning M were also military.
I`m sure I`ve seen military people using them.
Only the black M+ numberplates are military. The white numberplate in the picture I linked is on an ancient military vehicle (Saurer 2DM), sold to a private.

This is a picture of a contemporary military truck (Saurer 6DM) with black numberplate:
<http://www.fahrzeugbilder.de/name/einzelbild/number/25213/kategorie/militaerfahrzeuge~schweiz~lastwagen.html>

Markus, G�rbetal

tudor erich

Sorry to persist Markus,

I have seen the M plates on family sized car type vehicles which were a bluey/green colour, much lighter in shade than the green you are showing.

Bernard

OL.Guerbetal

Am 30.01.2012 08:53, schrieb tudoryork:
I have seen the M plates on family sized car type vehicles which were
a bluey/green colour, much lighter in shade than the green you are
showing.
o.k., now I understand. These are the cars of the few professionals in our army and AFAIK most of them also have a civil numberplate. I don't know if they now all have the same colour. In my active army time they were plain white. And from the size of the car you could deduct the rank of the person...

There are also a few such cars for other purposes of the Army. But it's very very seldom to see more than a handful of such cars together. On the other hand, it is very often that you can see such a car together with tens of the greenish brown vehicles of all sizes.

Markus, G�rbetal

tudor erich

Many thanks Markus,

we got there in the end.

Bernard

Andy McMillan <andytrainman@...>

OK then, anybody; why these vehicles which look like all sports cars?

A footballer's WAGs convention, perhaps?

http://www.schmalspurbahn.ch/filisur/webcam/m120203112910271

regards, Andy McMillan

howardbolton

Maybe the bankers at RBS are having their bonuses delivered to St Moritz.

Howard

Bob Spooner

I can confirm that there were 14 Aston Martin DB9's on this train
(from one of the two reprobates stood in the foreground of the same image!)

glenn allen

They appeared to be top end Porsche's, loaded at Thusis around 0800 this morning,I still think it is to do with some motor show at St Moritz

Don Newing

In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, Bob Spooner <rjspooner@...> wrote:

I can confirm that there were 14 Aston Martin DB9's on this train
(from one of the two reprobates stood in the foreground of the same image!)
Presumably these are for the following event:

http://www.astonmartinonice.com/index.html

Places still available on Feb 15/16 if you have EUR 2,900 to spare!

It shows that Aston Martin know the the safest way of getting their cars to St. Moritz is by the RhB!

Don Newing

tudor erich

Presumably these are for the following event:
<http://www.astonmartinonice.com/index.html>
I thought it odd the cars were not covered for their journey given their retail cost.

Now I suspect that get fairly battered by the ice so remdial work is in order anyway.

Bernard