Gotthard Route

Andrew

Can anybody supply any information on the progress to clear the rocks which were left in a dangerous position after the lanslide near Gurtnellen last week.

Paul at The Frohsinn informed me last week that they were planning to blast the rocks that had been left in a dangerous state today (Tuesday).

Does anybody know whether this work has been carried out, and what if any progress has been made in respect of repairing the infrastructure.

Thanks in advance

Andy Muff

csipromo

Last information that I had heard was that the body of the missing worker had been located and that they could now turn from recovery to construction.

Information is available via www.20min.ch, www.blick.ch or www.sf.tv (Videoportal/Sendung Verpasst/Tagesschau (or 10 vor 10). The reports are available for each day since the incident (in Swiss German). You can rapidly detect whether there are any stories about the incident by looking at the photo attached to each report.

Andrew Moglestue

No idea, but remember there's more to it than just clearing the debris.
The slopes above will have to be thoroughly inspected to be sure no further rocks will come down, and if need be measures wil be taken to remove or secure dubious bits.
Then the tracks will have to repaired as will power and signallimg cables and it will all have to be tested.

Andrew

OL.Guerbetal

Am 12.06.2012 18:42, schrieb Andrew:
Can anybody supply any information on the progress to clear the rocks
which were left in a dangerous position after the lanslide near
Gurtnellen last week.
On Saturday the body of the 29 year old worker could be rescued with a remote controlled bulldozer. Now the next steps are prepared:

Paul at The Frohsinn informed me last week that they were planning to
blast the rocks that had been left in a dangerous state today
(Tuesday).
It was announced that blasting should take place this week, but no exact date was communicated.

Does anybody know whether this work has been carried out, and what if
any progress has been made in respect of repairing the
infrastructure.
Only after blasting the rocks it will be possible to enter the ground again. It will then be a question of the volume of rock on the track, how fast it will be re-established.

Meanwhile the Simplon is fed with freight trains to its absolute capacity. No additional passenger trains have been allowed and two car shuttles Brig - Iselle set off.

Markus, G�rbetal

Javier Pena

Hi Andy,

Yesterday, I took the substitute bus between Göschenen and Flüelen and from
the road you could clearly see all the rocks still as the first day.

I can't tell if any changes have taken place today as I'm already back in
the UK.

Regards,
Javier

csipromo

www.20min.ch reports that dynamiting work will occur on Monday and that if the rock face is secure, work to repair the rail line can begin shortly thereafter. Full story here (in German):

http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/zentralschweiz/story/Am-Montag-wird-am-Gotthard-gesprengt-21076956

Javier Pena

Good evening,

SBB is starting tomorrow a new direct service between Zürich HB and Milano
Centrale via Lötschberg-Simplon until the Gotthard route reopens again:

In German:
http://www.sbb.ch/fahrplan/bahnverkehrsinformation/zusatzzuege/extrazug-nach-mailand.html
In Italian: http://www.ferrovie.it/ferrovie.vis/timdettvp.php?id=5602

Regards,