Apple and the SBB clock

John Lovda

Guess what, Apple copied the SBB clock for use in the newest iPhone. The SBB will probably be suing them for royalties.

Krist van Besien

On 25.09.2012, at 02:40, "jlovda" <jlovda@yahoo.com> wrote:

Guess what, Apple copied the SBB clock for use in the newest iPhone. The SBB will probably be suing them for royalties.
I wonder if they can, and doubt they will. There has been a Swiss Railway clock App for a while, and SBB never objected to that either. Design Patents aren't protected forever either.

Krist

Illya Vaes

2012/9/25 jlovda <jlovda@yahoo.com>
Guess what, Apple copied the SBB clock for use in the newest iPhone.
The SBB will probably be suing them for royalties.
I hope they will, it would be nice to have Apple on the receiving end for a
change too. They've been trying to sue their profits together lately.

+GF+ <ce68iii@...>

According to what I've read, the SBB is in discussions with Apple....

+GF+

Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them.
-- Paul Valery, Tel Quel 2 (1943)

trainweb_ch

The railway clock app was licensed by SBB / Mondaine, the Apple clock not. A bit ironic for a company suing Samsung's pants off.

Thomas Koeppel

OL.Guerbetal

Am 25.09.2012 08:39, schrieb Krist van Besien:
I wonder if they can, and doubt they will. There has been a Swiss
Railway clock App for a while, and SBB never objected to that either.
Design Patents aren't protected forever either.
There has been an official statement by SBB saying that they do get royalties for the clock App and that they got in contact with Apple. Now think about SBB painting an apple on their trains. Guess what Apple would do... :-) :-)

Markus, G�rbetal

John Beaulieu <beaulieu@...>

On 9/25/2012 12:28 PM, Guerbetaler wrote:

There has been an official statement by SBB saying that they do get
royalties for the clock App and that they got in contact with Apple. Now
think about SBB painting an apple on their trains. Guess what Apple
would do... :-) :-)

Markus, G�rbetal

------------------------------------
Wonder what would happen if BAM did it and lettered the locomotive "Apple".

John Beaulieu

Guerbetaler

Am 25.09.2012 21:53, schrieb John Beaulieu:
Wonder what would happen if BAM did it and lettered the locomotive "Apple".
Near miss. The village's name is Apples.
:-)

Markus, G�rbetal

John Beaulieu <beaulieu@...>

On 9/25/2012 3:16 PM, Markus wrote:
Am 25.09.2012 21:53, schrieb John Beaulieu:
Wonder what would happen if BAM did it and lettered the locomotive "Apple".
Near miss. The village's name is Apples.
:-)

Markus, G�rbetal

------------------------------------
Then paint two locomotives! ;-)

John Beaulieu

csipromo

Apparently in compensation, the SBB chime will be used for incoming messages on the next upgrade.;)

Dave Edmondston <davee@...>

Actually, if you drive on the main road from Zrich through to Konstanz, the signs for Canton Thurgau have a logo that looks the spitting image of the Apple logo, without the bite taken out. I always wondered whether Apple would sue if anyone saw it anyone know the signs I mean?

Max Wyss

Actually, if you drive on the main road from Zürich through to Konstanz, the signs for Canton Thurgau have a logo that looks the spitting image of the Apple logo, without the bite taken out. I always wondered whether Apple would sue if anyone saw it… anyone know the signs I mean?
As it would be a generic apple-shaped sign, it does not violate the
Apple logo rights. So, no chance for suing. One of the (if not the)
most important agricultural products of the Canton of Thurgau are
apples (or their liquefied form: Most).

Max.

OL.Guerbetal

<http://www.thurgau-switzerland.tg.ch/default.cfm?DomainID=114&TreeID=10071&language=de>