560 Domino Units

Martin Baumann

Three units that have already been rebuilt are to be transferred to Region Alps and renumbered:

560 414 ex 560 276
560 415 ex 560 274
560 416 ex 560 294

B 29-43 414 ex 181
B 29-43 415 ex 182
B 29-43 416 ex 192

ABt 39-43 954 ex 869
ABt 39-43 955 ex 895
ABt 39-43 956 ex 867

[Eisenbahn Amateur 1/2013]

The only unrebuilt NPZ units now in traffic are 562 000 to 562 005 as well as ex MthB 561 172/173/174 These will not be rebuilt. The 562 sets are likely to remain in service but the future of the 561s is uncertain. (Recently one has been doing Geneva area local trains)

Martin Baumann 20.01.2013

bs177@...

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "martinbaumann112" wrote:

The only unrebuilt NPZ units now in traffic are 562 000 to 562 005 as well as ex MthB 561 172/173/174 These will not be rebuilt. The 562 sets are likely to remain in service but the future of the 561s is uncertain. (Recently one has been doing Geneva area local trains)

Martin Baumann 20.01.2013
Thank you Martin,

Am I right in thinking that 561000 has become 560298 and that 560 274, 276 and 294 are now not used?

Presumably an upturn in traffic or improvements in the financial position might see 562000 - 5 and 561 172 - 4 refurbished. I know that 560 000 - 3 were disposed of due to technical differences but are these later units also different from the main batch (apart from the dual voltage for 562's). Maybe they are worth more second-hand to smaller railways than the cost of refurbishment.

Cheers

bruce

OL.Guerbetal

Am 21.01.2013 15:49, schrieb bs177@ggbooks.plus.com:
Presumably an upturn in traffic or improvements in the financial
position might see 562000 - 5 and 561 172 - 4 refurbished. I know
that 560 000 - 3 were disposed of due to technical differences but
are these later units also different from the main batch (apart from
the dual voltage for 562's). Maybe they are worth more second-hand to
smaller railways than the cost of refurbishment.
561 172�174, purchased by MThB, were found to be more different from the SBB standard than thought, so SBB decided to put them up for sale.

Concerning the 562 000�005 SBB wants to avoid that they lose approval for France.

Markus, G�rbetal

bs177@...

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, Guerbetaler wrote:

561 172–174, purchased by MThB, were found to be more different from the
SBB standard than thought, so SBB decided to put them up for sale.

Concerning the 562 000–005 SBB wants to avoid that they lose approval
for France.

Markus, Gürbetal
Thank you Markus,

Now I recall you mentioning the difficulties in recertification for France before.

Now that the 5222XX's have been certified for France, are they now being used on cross border services or have the French found another reason to deny access?

Cheers

Bruce

Martin Baumann

561 000 became 560 298 on 04.12.2012

The three units to become 560 414 415 416 may briefly be in service with their allocated 2xx numbers but these will be vacant in due course. To correct my earlier post. They are still being rebuilt as Domino and have not yet returned to traffic.

Martin Baumann 21.01.2013