One less green Re 6/6

Martin Baumann

11659 has just left Bellinzona works after an R3 overhaul (19/02/2013) and is now 620 059-6 in Cargo livery

11646 11662 11663 remain in traffic in green livery

11646 and 11662 have never had an R3 are due for this but last year had a technical control (TK) which allows them to continue in traffic for a time without an R3

11663 was last in works in 2008 (R1 04.11.2008) and it is likely to be the next loco to loose the green paint. (Has also never had R3)

Martin Baumann 24.02.2013

csipromo

Here's a good question. I think that there are still a few Re 6/6 which have the original round headlights. As these loks are maintained, I guess that they will eventually receive the new Cargo livery and possibly also air conditioning.
My question is will those loks receive the 1980s halogen lights or will they receive new LED ones similar to the Re 420 LION? I guess that the halogen lights removed from the updated Re 420s could be used to equip those Re 6/6 like the rest of the fleet.

Am 24.02.2013 19:39, schrieb csipromo:
Here's a good question. I think that there are still a few Re 6/6
which have the original round headlights.
EA 3/2012 list with round headlights as per 1st January 2012:
11646 green
11659 green (now 620 059)
11663 green

No red locomotive with round headlights and green 11662 seems also to have the halogen lights.

As these loks are maintained, I guess that they will eventually
receive the new Cargo livery and possibly also air conditioning. My
question is will those loks receive the 1980s halogen lights or will
they receive new LED ones similar to the Re 420 LION? I guess that
the halogen lights removed from the updated Re 420s could be used to
equip those Re 6/6 like the rest of the fleet.
620 059 should answer this question. But I haven't seen it or a picture yet.

Markus, G�rbetal

Martin Baumann

11603 to 11689 had all been fitted with airconditioning by 2008. The last done was 11604. 11601 and 11602 were not done as their internal layout made it too expensive to convert

Martin Baumann 24.02.2013

gordonwis

EA 3/2012 list with round headlights as per 1st January 2012:
11646 green
11659 green (now 620 059)
11663 green
No red locomotive with round headlights and green 11662 seems also
to have the halogen lights.
Somewhat to my surprise (and glee) I saw two green Re6/6 in just 3.5 total days of train watching within two months (April and June2012 trips).
11659 seen at Brig in April 2012 with round headlights was the most appealing as I had not really though that any original spec Re6/6 were still in use
http://Gwizz.zenfolio.com/p896875799/e2d6f7c4f
Amusing to note that a few minutes later 620 058 turned up - one number lower in the sequence but already in Cargo livery.
then on the next trip 11662 was at Thun, green but as you can see has indeed got the rectangular headlights
http://Gwizz.zenfolio.com/kiesenjun12/e3bb87497

Martin Baumann

As of today:

11646 in service
11662 Bellinzona works, not yet known if for R3 and repaint
11663 stopped at Erstfeld 23.02.2013

Martin Baumann 05.03.2013

Martin Baumann

It is now confirmed that 11662 is in Bellinzona for R3 and repaint

11663 hauled by 11165 from Erstfeld to Bellinzona overnight 19/20 March. It has not yet been confirmed if this loco will get an R3 and repaint now also.

Martin Baumann 24.03.2013

Martin Baumann

11663 has returned to traffic (still green) and is currently paired with 11334

Martin Baumann

Despite being due an R3 overhaul 11663 was given an R2 (Bellinzona 26.03.13) This will mean the loco will remain green for the forseeable future.

SBB Cargo may be trying to cut back on R3 overhauls as 11605 for instance was due an R3 last year but only had an R2

Martin Baumann

11662 was released from Bellinzona on the 21st and is now 620 062-0 in Cargo livery

Don

--- In SwissRail@yahoogroups.com, "martinbaumann112" <martin98baumann@...> wrote:
11662 was released from Bellinzona on the 21st and is now 620 062-0
in Cargo livery
Becoming rare subjects by the month are the green ones, so it is good to bag one in traffic whenever possible:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickeybanker/9030914947/

gordonwis

and 11646 was west/southbound from Neuchatel on 24/6

Becoming rare subjects by the month are the green ones, so it is good to bag one in traffic whenever possible:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickeybanker/9030914947/

Martin Baumann

11663 is currently paired with 11309, both green. They worked freight 60486 through Wettingen today