Montreux and Aigle in 2006.

rox_842

Afternoon All,

If anyone is interested to have a look, I recently added some pictures taken in Montreux and Aigle to my Flickr site.  The were taken in 2006 and there are pictures of both standard and narrow gauge trains.

This is the Link :

 http://www.flickr.com/photos/train-pix/sets/72157639347144324/

Hope that they are of interest.

Ron Fisher.

Bill Bolton

On 24 Jan 2014 04:33:14 -0800, Ron Fisher wrote:

The were taken in 2006 and there are pictures of both standard
and narrow gauge trains.
Thanks - we were there in the later part of 2006 and the narrow gauge
station area was completely dug up in preparation for the new layout,
with trains were mostly starting their journeys from Aigle some
distance away from the station (and the AOMC not running at all).

I was puzzled about what the old layout had been, so your photos were
very helpful in putting what I saw into context.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia

rox_842

Glad to have been of assistance Bill.  Ain't the Internet wonderful!

Ron.

gordonwis

I've been visiting Aigle for 45+ years and had a soft spot for the traditional layout - but then I'm a traditionalist in some ways.

I took advantage of trips to Zermatt for skiing to call in in December 2005 and December 2006, and specifically visited as part of one of my annual Easter chalet holidays in April 2006, so I created an album showing the progress over that time.

As you can see, the work was done start to finish in almost exactly one calendar year.

http://gwizz.piwigo.com/index?/category/145-tpc_aigle_station_rebuild_2005_2006

.

Paul Burkhalter

you might also be interested in these cab ride videos from August 2006 on all three lines from Aigle: http://www.railvideo.co.uk/index.php?sec=39&grp=2897&ond=5043