Securitas train in Bern

George Raymond

Past posts here have described the Securitas “jail rail” train, a
self-propelled railcar and a windowless driving carriage marked Securitas
for the transport of prisoners. Today about 11:15, I saw it pass westbound
under the Bühlstrasse bridge just west of Bern station. The short train
moved on a left-hand turnout from track 1 onto the southernmost track and
was still waiting there 10 minutes later when I had to continue to an
appointment. I can imagine that for security’s sake, each run is planned
individually and confidentially.

George

Am 30.04.2014 17:34, schrieb George Raymond:
Past posts here have described the Securitas �jail rail� train, a
self-propelled railcar and a windowless driving carriage marked Securitas
for the transport of prisoners. Today about 11:15, I saw it pass westbound
under the B�hlstrasse bridge just west of Bern station. The short train
moved on a left-hand turnout from track 1 onto the southernmost track and
was still waiting there 10 minutes later when I had to continue to an
appointment. I can imagine that for security�s sake, each run is planned
individually and confidentially.
<http://map.geo.admin.ch/?X=200207.00&Y=600082.00&zoom=11&lang=de&topic=ech&bgLayer=ch.swisstopo.swissimage>
is the place where the prisoners board the train and the train is scheduled so you can expect it always at the same time.

In the beginning the train was propelled by an Re 4/4 II and I wonder how long it will take until they are back, as the RBes are on the way out.

Markus, G�rbetal

OL.Guerbetal

Am 30.04.2014 21:13, schrieb Guerbetaler:
is the place where the prisoners board the train and the train is
scheduled so you can expect it always at the same time.
I'm sory, this WAS the place, it is now Bern Weyermannshaus and at the other end Bassersdorf and the train numbers are 9050/9051 (EA 2/2014).

Markus, G�rbetal