A last look at Bahnhof Sihlpost

George Raymond

If you are attending the public festival tomorrow Saturday for the opening
of Zurich’s cross-city tunnel and underground Bahnhof Löwenstrasse (tracks
31–34), which enters regular service on Sunday, don’t forget to get some
last pictures of the trackage and operations in Bahnhof Sihlpost (tracks
51–54). According to news reports, its removal will start next week.

George

Martin Baumann

Last listed arrival and departure is at 2346- 2351 S8 18896 Pfäfikon-Winterthur

S2 S8 S14 running after this are not showing a platform on the journey planner which suggests they will use what ever is available in the main station.

csipromo

I was not aware that the new station was replacing Gleis 51-54 (Sihlpost). My assumption that this was in addition to the existing tracks and not a replacement. Thanks for the information.

Am 13.06.2014 15:26, schrieb 'George Raymond':
If you are attending the public festival tomorrow Saturday for the opening
of Zurich�s cross-city tunnel and underground Bahnhof L�wenstrasse (tracks
31�34), which enters regular service on Sunday, don�t forget to get some
last pictures of the trackage and operations in Bahnhof Sihlpost (tracks
51�54). According to news reports, its removal will start next week.

Another "last opportunity" is the Glarner Sprinter train set. Saturday will be the last day of operation, afterwards, they will be but to the normal fleet, the At becoming ABt (901-902) and the four AB becoming B 29-43 193-196.

Markus, G�rbetal

bs177@...

> Another "last opportunity" is the Glarner Sprinter train set. Saturday
> will be the last day of operation, afterwards, they will be but to the
> normal fleet, the At becoming ABt (901-902) and the four AB becoming
> B 29-43 193-196.

And the end of one of the world's only rail borne public libraries?

Demolition of platforms 51 to 54 is well underway. Most of the overhead wires have already been removed

Chris Wood

So things are moving on. I rode several trains into 51-54 just in May, but it looks like Zürich Hauptbahnhof is going to look quite different when I next visit.

Does anybody know when is the new route due to be fully completed, with access from the Baden direction, and all the platforms (re-)opened at Oerlikon.

Martin Baumann

The rest of the route will open 13.12.2015. I believe the reconstruction of Oerlikon tracks will be complete by then but some work will still be needed on the station itself and to alter the tram track layout in the area.