Old Swiss Rail Pictures

John Lovda

After many years of having my 20 years of Swiss rail photos hide on my computer I have finally started to put them on Flickr. They are going up in random fashion. Look under JLOVDA. If you see any mistakes in my descriptions please let me know. I will continue to add more, a few every day.

John

csipromo

John,

have you consideredoffering them to poller.ch?

Just curious, who is "poller?"

John

Martin Baumann

Do you mean Maurizio Polier at www.polier.ch ?

gordonwis

Yes, it should be POLIER, not POLLER...

..which is a superb archive of older Swiss railway phots. However it appears that Mr Polier has not updated the site for a few years so I am unsure how active it is.

csipromo

Sorry. It was supposed to be Polier but it was auto-corrected by Apple. It seems my desktop is now correcting text even after I have overridden it's initial efforts. It tried to change the word, I set it back and it must have re-corrected it when I hit send.

The polier.ch site has not been updated (no new photos). They did update the site a few years back to provide information as to how to obtain photos from the collection. I do not know if the photographers are still active or whether the site is basically an archive of their railroad related works.