New RhB coaches delivered

Don

Saw one of the Landquart-St. Moritz workings last week with a new Stadler set as confirmed by the previous posting kindly provided: New RhB Stock
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lickeybanker/27206058933/in/dateposted-public/
[HTML remains removed]

Martin Baumann

There is now a diagram for one of the two sets delivered so far:

Monday 1343 and 1354

Tuesday to Saturday 1323-1334-1343-1354

Sunday 1327 and 1342

gordonwis

Ah yes that would be it.

Thanks for jogging my ageing grey matter!

young_pete2000

I think the reason a number of Chur - SM trains use the platform nearest the Grischuna is to allow Chur bound trains conveying GEX portions to provide cross platform interchange with Davos trains. Generally this only happens at 09:00, 10:00 and 11:00, which are the trains normally carrying the GEX portion.

gordonwis

Interestingly, no sign of the set on the Filisur webcam.

Whilst looking at the cam, I noticed a few things from the last few days:

There has been a high incidence of Chur - SM trains calling at the opposite platforms to usual, i.e. southbound trains calling at platform 1 nearest the Grischuna

The web cam 'woke up' in the dead of night (02:02) on 19 May (normally it comes to life with the arrival of the early morning mixed train at circa 06.15) to record a huge train of works plant in platform 2 and more plant just visible at the Grischuna end of platform 1, bet that woke hotel residents up!

At 08.29 today there was a comparatively unusual working: Northbound Ge6/6 II with a single shorty EWI coach (10 minutes after 703 had passed southbound with a lovely weighty load of logs

Martin Baumann

The first set entered passenger service yesterday. It is not on a regular diagram yet

Martin Baumann

I referred to the Stadler loco as Ee 3/3, sometime in 2015 Stadler fitted it with batteries and it is now Eea 3/3.

A useful pdf on the new stock is on the RhB site:

https://www.rhb.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/redaktion/Ueber_die_RhB/Unternehmen/Dokumente/Projekte_und_Dossiers/Albula-Gliederzug_-_Faktenblatt.pdf

OL.Guerbetal

Am 21.12.2015 um 18:47 schrieb cmrosindale@... [SwissRail]:
Do any of the windows in 2nd class open?
<http://www.modell-bahn.ch/forum/index.php?thread/6411-albula-glieder-zug-agz-der-rhb/>

Scroll down to the photo of D4 locomotive with the train. Behind the locomotive is the coach with the photographer's compartment. Further down you can even better see that coach. And yes, the windows do open.

Markus, G�rbetal

Christopher

Do any of the windows in 2nd class open? Or has the RhB succumbed to Air-Conditioned Box syndrome, like the ZB has?

Chris

Rob V

On 06/12/15 01:03, Robert Bogie robertb@... [SwissRail] wrote:

Martin, Are there any photos of these online yet? I've checked the
Haribu site, but there are no new photos there since 17th October.
Yes.
<http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/news/europe/single-view/view/rhaetische-bahn-takes-first-delivery-of-albula-line-trainset.html>

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or, indeed, why it should be necessary to prove it at all." - Avon, Blake's 7

robertb@smartchat.net.au

[Top posting repaired]
Martin, Are there any photos of these online yet? I've checked the Haribu site, but there are no new photos there since 17th October. Robert Bogie

Martin Baumann

The first new Stalder coaches for Chur-St Moritz trains were delivered to Landquart today. They came by rail from the Stadler plant hauled by Ee 97 85 1936 133-8 Stadler's own locomotive which they acquired from BLS (ex RM) in 2011