FLIRT for BLS

Martin Baumann

30 type RE (with catering) will be RABe 528 101 to 130

28 type S-Bahn will be RABe 528 201 to 228

gordonwis

martin98baumannwrote: such as is found on the current Voralpen Express (Which I have used and found quite good)

funnily enough that's a phrase I use for the current 'hauled' VAE coach consists...

OL.Guerbetal

Am 03.05.2017 um 11:37 schrieb martin98baumann@outlook.com [SwissRail]:
BLS/SOB initially planned a joint order but SOB needed their trains
sooner than BLS so in the end ordered separately
SOB has 2 elements per motorized bogie, BLS has 3.

The catering zone of the VAE FLIRTs and of the BLS RE FLIRTs will be similar.

The new cab design is due to new crashworthiness standards coming in next year but their will be some similarity with the SOB units. BLS/SOB initially planned a joint order but SOB needed their trains sooner than BLS so in the end ordered separately

csipromo

Will these trains be similar to the new ones ordered by SOB or will it be a whole new sub production from Stadler (e.g. new cab design, etc)? The images look a little like a Giruno cab mounted on a more traditional Flirt chassis

The catering will only be a machine such as is found on the current Voralpen Express (Which I have used and found quite good)

OL.Guerbetal

Am 02.05.2017 um 10:46 schrieb Martin Baumann:
BLS have ordered 58 FLIRT units
30 type RE (with catering)
28 type S-Bahn
all 105 m long with 6 elements and 7 bogies
total price is CHF 650m
to be introduces 2021-26
will replace 9 EW3-consists, 21 RBDe 565 and 13 RBDe 566 (NPZ)

Markus, G�rbetal (S-Bahn)

Martin Baumann