Wow! An RhB Photo Coach

John Lovda

Found this by accident:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kecko/35205130624
I will have to search the SBB timetable to see where and how often these "FW" coaches go. I wonder if you need a reservation? They should put something like this on future EMU's going over the old Gotthard route.
John

glenn allen

They run al the time, they are part of the new Alvra sets, reservation isn't possible but they are popular and you need to get in early in order to bag a seat. Second class only. there are no other opening windows in the Alvra sets, the Allegra railcar sets do have a few opening windows.

PLEASE SEND TEXT ONLY

gordonwis

On Thu, 24/8/17, glenn allen glenn_ wrote: but they are popular and you need to get in early in order to bag a seat. Second class only. t

popular perhaps, but, having travelled in one a couple of days ago, not all that brilliant. hard transverse seats - not the same as being in an EW and being able to either pull down the window by your seat bay, or nip to the end vestibule and open those windows.

Don

Having checked these coaches out, I agree with Gordon. Not really that impressed but for those wish to join the tourist throng, happy snapping! I will stick with the line side locations, the extra effort is well worth it.