Hupac Vectron Locomotives


Martin Baumann
 

The first two of Hupac's 8 Vectrons have been delivered.


They are 193 490 to 193 497


or 91 80 6193 49x-x D-SIEAG


193 490 is works number 22359


csipromo
 

I would be interested in knowing what runs are assumed by these Hupac locomotives and whether they will replace runs currently operated by SBBC or BLSC or other?
I presume that these loks will be used on the entire stretch between Holland and Italy. on the Rhine-Alps corridor?

Regards

Mike Cherna


Ewan Tait
 

On 12 Mar 2018, at 19:17, csipromo@yahoo.com [SwissRail] <
SwissRail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:



I would be interested in knowing what runs are assumed by these Hupac
locomotives and whether they will replace runs currently operated by SBBC
or BLSC or other?
I presume that these loks will be used on the entire stretch between
Holland and Italy. on the Rhine-Alps corridor?


http://railcolornews.com/2017/06/01/eu-hupac-orders-eight-multisystem-vectron-locomotives/

Ewan


OL.Guerbetal
 

Am 12.03.2018 um 20:17 schrieb csipromo@yahoo.com:
I would be interested in knowing what runs are assumed by these Hupac
locomotives and whether they will replace runs currently operated by
SBBC or BLSC or other?
There is still no answer to this question. But the same question could be asked regarding the 18 Vectrons SBBIN "ordered".

91 80 6 193 461 - 478 D-SIEAG
owner: LokRoll AG, Luzern
keeper: Siemens AG, München
ECM: Siemens S.p.A., Milano

91 80 6 193 490 - 497 D-SIEAG

These locomotives are immatriculated in Germany. But the Vectrons of BLS and railcare carry Swiss numbers:

91 85 4 475 401 - 415 CH-BLSC

91 85 4 476 451 - 457 CH-RLC (can run with diesel and under 11 kV)

I think that all these Vectrons are the destiny for some Re 420 and 425.

Markus, Gürbetal


csipromo
 

My understanding was the the SBBC LokRoll 193 are intended for through operation from North Sea ports to Italy. The ELL 193 (4 Pantographs) can be used for traffic from Holland to Italy. The ELL 193 (2 Pantos) are homologated for DE/A only.
The BLS Re 475 are approved for Holland, Germany, Switzerland and Italy (Pending). I think that they must also be homologated for Austria as at least one was running for Lokomotion on the Brenner route.
I was a little surprised that the LokRoll Vectrons were not also homologated for NL/BE, as that would allow SBBCI to replace the ELL Loks, but that was not the case.
I think that the Hupac Loks will be used between Rotterdam and Italy and perhaps between Antwerp and Italy as well.
With changes to Crossrail, ERS and other operators, I presume that some of this traffic may go to Hupac as an operator.
RailColor.net was reporting that some of the former Crossrail 186 are now being operated by SBBC. I think that those are capable of doing the Antwerp run. It was never clearly stated which Crossrail materiel went to SBBC and what was kept by Rhenus.

Regards

Mike C


Theo van Riet
 

Op 13 mrt. 2018, om 00:20 heeft csipromo@yahoo.com [SwissRail] <SwissRail@yahoogroups.com> het volgende geschreven:


The BLS Re 475 are approved for Holland, Germany, Switzerland and Italy (Pending). I think that they must also be homologated for Austria as at least one was running for Lokomotion on the Brenner route.
I was a little surprised that the LokRoll Vectrons were not also homologated for NL/BE, as that would allow SBBCI to replace the ELL Loks, but that was not the case.
I think that the Hupac Loks will be used between Rotterdam and Italy and perhaps between Antwerp and Italy as well.
As far as I know no Vectron has an homologation for Belgium.
I don’t know if Siemens has started the proceedings .

Theo


csipromo
 

The SNCB Class 18/19 is part of the same extended family. Technically, it is either the father or mother of the Vectron series, along with the CP Class 4700. The SNCB HLE 18/19 was referred to as the Belgo Sprinter.


The CP locomotives were the first of the EuroSprinter loks to receive the new safety cab design now standard in the Vectron series.


Regards


Mike C


Martin Baumann
 

193 491 is works number 22288


Martin Baumann
 
Edited

The works numbers for the rest of the batch are now confirmed

193 492 22315

193 493 to 498
22318 to 22323

Edited 09.05.2018 to correct typo


Martin Baumann
 

193 492 was used on a Flixtrain passenger service from Hamburg to Köln on 17.02.2019


csipromo
 

I saw a photo of the Hupac Nightpiercer with the Flixtrain consist on railcolor.net's facebook page

See also here: https://railcolornews.com/2019/02/19/de-the-nightpiercer-and-the-flixtrain/

Regards

Mike C


csipromo
 

Today, photos were posted on Drehscheibe Online showing 193 493 in it's new livery for WRS (Widmer Rail Services). There are no HUPAC logos on this machine anymore.
I am hoping to find out more details about this in the coming days. https://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?106,8871722

Regards

Mike C


csipromo
 

Now that 193 493 is working for WRS, we have two loks (490 and 491) in Hupac livery, 492 in SBB "Nightpiercer" colours and 494-497 in blue with BLS Cargo markings.
All 4 BLS units have been spotted in BLS Cargo use. The Nightpiercer has been spotted in action with Flixtrain coaches. Has anybody seen any of the Hupac loks in operation yet? The only photos that I have seen have either been solo or transit photos (pair).

Regards

Mike C


davey
 


csipromo
 

Thanks Dave.
I should have been more specific. I have seen photos of the initial 4 loks in operation for BLS as well as photos of the final 4 once they were brought to Basel and handed over to BLS Cargo. I have only seen limited photos of the initial 4 loks, which were to be operated by SBB once BLS had received their quartet.
I was specifically looking for photos of the pair of Hupac liveried loks (490/491) and the so-called Nightpiercer (492), The WRS leased unit (493) was just brought back to Basel Bad Bf a few days ago.
So, far 492 has been spotted at the head of Flixtrain trains. I have yet to see photos of 490/491 in their new livery other than when they were put back into service and convoyed to Basel Bad Bf.

Current liveries (03/2019):
490/491: https://railcolornews.com/2019/02/12/ch-new-design-193-490-in-official-hupac-design/
492: https://railcolornews.com/2018/12/21/eu-this-is-the-new-nightpiercer/
493: https://www.drehscheibe-online.de/foren/read.php?106,8871722
494/495/496/497 (BLS Cargo): https://railcolornews.com/2018/08/26/ch-bls-cargo-design-for-hupac-193-494-and-495/

Regards

Mike C


Ewan Tait
 

On 15 Mar 2019, at 14:02, csipromo via Groups.Io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Dave.
I should have been more specific. I have seen photos of the initial 4 loks in operation for BLS as well as photos of the final 4 once they were brought to Basel and handed over to BLS Cargo. I have only seen limited photos of the initial 4 loks, which were to be operated by SBB once BLS had received their quartet.
I was specifically looking for photos of the pair of Hupac liveried loks (490/491) and the so-called Nightpiercer (492), The WRS leased unit (493) was just brought back to Basel Bad Bf a few days ago.
So, far 492 has been spotted at the head of Flixtrain trains. I have yet to see photos of 490/491 in their new livery other than when they were put back into service and convoyed to Basel Bad Bf.
Mike,

I’ve seen a few recent photos of HUPAC liveried 193 490 working GTS intermodals in Italy:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=193%20490&sort=date-taken-desc

Cheers,
Ewan

--
http://ewan.me.uk


csipromo
 

Thanks for the link to the photos. GTS was one of the companies that previously was operated by Crossrail. I think that Rhenus/Xrail was still doing their haulage north of Basel Bad. Bf. Under the Crossrail liquidation agreement, the contract south of Basel went to SBB Cargo. I don't know if the Hupac lok is running for SBB Cargo or what the exact situation is.

Regards

Mike C


Ewan Tait
 

On 24 Mar 2019, at 16:34, csipromo via Groups.Io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks for the link to the photos. GTS was one of the companies that previously was operated by Crossrail. I think that Rhenus/Xrail was still doing their haulage north of Basel Bad. Bf. Under the Crossrail liquidation agreement, the contract south of Basel went to SBB Cargo. I don't know if the Hupac lok is running for SBB Cargo or what the exact situation is.
That might have been the case following liquidation, but from observations at the end of last year, traction on the GTS intermodals depended on where they were going to and from.

40117/40119 Rotterdam to Piacenza and 40118/40120 return seems to be SBB via the Gotthard
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maccookie/32558797188/

And I can find photos of it with SBB traction in Germany and the Netherlands

40046/40048 Piacenza to Zeebrugge and 40047/40049/40267 return is GTS traction in Italy, BLS traction in Switzerland and XRail/Rhenus traction through Germany and Belgium. I’ve noted it via the Lötschberg with BLS loks
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maccookie/45982160015/

193 490 was noted on 40046 and 40048 in Italy.

Regards,
Ewan

--
http://ewan.me.uk


csipromo
 

When the first four Hupac Vectrons were delivered to Switzerland, they were put into service by BLS Cargo.
The final four locomotives were delayed while they were modified to meet BLS' specs.

I presume this means that 494-497 received the same package as the already delivered Re 475s.
The first four locomotives were then released back to Hupac, which turned them over to SBB Cargo.
SBB Cargo conducted some operations, but has since apparently decided to not use the locomotives.
The latest information that I had was that 490 and 491 (Hupac) livery and at least one was being used by GTS (Italy). 492 was still in Nightpiercer livery, but waiting for the wrapping to be removed and 493 was in WRS livery with no Hupac markings. I now understand that one additional lok (490 or 491) is now being used by WRS (in Hupac livery).

I have not been able to find any additional information about why SBB Cargo declined the use of these locomotives.
I presume that there was something about them that made them too different from the other Vectrons (LokRoll and ELL) that SBB Cargo was using and that additional training would have been required for crews using these loks. I would love to find out the exact story. Could Hupac not ask Siemens to modify them to suit the client like they did for BLSC?

Regards

Mike C


gordonwis
 

Hupac BLS Cargo 494 sbd paired with a 485 Pratteln 19/4
494 nbd paired with 475 401 (and banked by BLS 175) 18/4
494 sbd paired with 186 251 9/4
496 nbd paired with 186 108 9/4
493 WRD livery with Habillns vans nbd 9/4





--------------------------------------------

On Tue, 21/5/19, csipromo via Groups.Io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:


The latest information that I had was
that 490 and 491 (Hupac) livery and at least one was being
used by GTS (Italy). 492 was still in Nightpiercer livery,
but waiting for the wrapping to be removed and 493 was in
WRS livery with no Hupac markings.  I now understand
that one additional lok (490 or 491) is now being used by
WRS (in Hupac livery).