230 km/h

Martin Baumann

According to BAHNFORUM trains worked by 501 units are now permitted to run at 230 km/h in the Ceneri Tunnel and the Gotthard Base Tunnel will be authorised soon. This is the fastest passenger speed in Switzerland, the previous limit being 200 on the NBS and in the Gotthard Base Tunnel and Lötschberg Base Tunnel.

csipromo

What are the currently permitted speeds for trains worked by RABDe 500 and RABe 503 (ETR610)?
Is the 230 km/h only in the tunnel or on the entire section between Bellizona and the end of the ETCS before Lugano?

500 502 503 are all currently 200 maximum. The Bahnforum report was not clear but I think the 230 is just in the tunnel itself.

csipromo

Thanks

MC

Clive Dean

I find it surprising that such a train, having stopped in Bellinzona, could actually reach that speed before having to slow down for the normal line speed on the remaining historic line into Lugano.

George Raymond

According to BAHNFORUM trains worked by 501 units are now permitted to run at 230 km/h in the Ceneri Tunnel and the Gotthard Base Tunnel will be authorised soon. This is the fastest passenger speed in Switzerland, the previous limit being 200 on the NBS and in the Gotthard Base Tunnel and Lötschberg Base Tunnel.
Does this affect the number of freight paths?

George

http://www.avg.com

gordonwis

Clive Dean wrote:
I find it surprising that such a train, having stopped in Bellinzona, could actually reach that speed before having to slow down for the normal line speed on the remaining historic line into Lugano.

As soon as a train has passed through Giubiasco, there is plenty of time for a train to accelerate to 230 into the Ceneri IMO

Guerbetaler

Am 20.03.2021 um 21:54 schrieb Martin Baumann:
trains worked by 501 units are now permitted to run at 230 km/h in the Ceneri Tunnel and the Gotthard Base Tunnel will be authorised soon
Today in 501 018: