Platform Numbers at Basel SNCF

Krist van Besien

In the french sector of the Basel station the platforms are numbered 31,33
and 35. And this is a bit odd. Shouldn't these be 32,34 and 36, since they
are pointing towards Paris, not away from Paris...

Is there a story here?

Krist

George Raymond

In the french sector of the Basel station the platforms are numbered 31,33 and 35. And this is a bit odd. Shouldn't these be 32,34 and 36, since they are pointing towards Paris, not away from Paris...
Is there a story here?
Krist
As an aid to anyone who could shed light on this mystery, here the Basel SBB station map:
https://www.sbb.ch/content/dam/infrastruktur/trafimage/bahnhofplaene/plan-basel-sbb-a4.pdf

George

gordonwis

On Sun, 22/7/18, Krist van Besien
Shouldn't these be 32,34 and 36, since they
are pointing towards Paris,

But if you arrive from Paris, the platforms are pointing away from Paris, so would be odd numbered!

In any case I always assumed these were Swiss track numbers not under SNCF jurisdiction

George Raymond

On Sun, 22/7/18, Krist van Besien
Shouldn't these be 32,34 and 36, since they are pointing towards Paris,

But if you arrive from Paris, the platforms are pointing away from Paris, so would be odd numbered!
In any case I always assumed these were Swiss track numbers not under SNCF jurisdiction
So does anyone have a guess on why were the numbers 32 and 34 were skipped?

George