25 more Vectron for BLS

Martin Baumann

BLS are buying 25 more Vectron locos from Siemens to be delivered 2020-2025. They will be passed for Germany, Austria, Italy, Holland and Belgium in addition to Switzerland.

German press release: https://tinyurl.com/y2zt764j

Martin Baumann

These will be 475 416 to 475 440

Martin Baumann

416 and 417 are currently in Regensburg where all new Vectron Locomotives are commissioned

91 85 6 475 416-4 CH-BLSC works number 22751

91 85 6 475 417-2 CH-BLSC works number 22758

csipromo

Same livery as the main batch?

Same basic livery. No mountains etc added yet so that might be different

reissr@...

One difference already known: Now additional approval for Belgium

So you might see it, if you have a closer look at the "UIC-Raster".

csipromo

I was not sure how the acquisition of Crossrail was going to affect these new locomotives. Will Crossrail be subsumed into BLS Cargo or will the Crossrail brand continue to be used in some markets? The leased X4E (193) have both BLSC and Crossrail markings.

Am 16.05.2020 um 19:08 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
Will Crossrail be subsumed into BLS Cargo or will the Crossrail brand
continue to be used in some markets?
I don't know, if the brand will be used in the future. We will see...

But apart from the brand will BLSC keep the RU XRAIL, in order to get access to EU rails.

A third question is, if XRAIL will continue to be a vehicle keeper. An RU doesn't necessarily need own vehicles. The big number of new locomotives registered for BLSC makes me think that they will concentrate vehicle keepership to BLSC.

91 85 6 475 418-0 CH-BLSC works number 22844 is in Regensburg for commisioning

Martin Baumann

91 85 4 475 419-8 CH-BLSC works number 22847

Martin Baumann

91 85 4 475 420-6 CH-BLSC works number 22866

91 85 4 475 421-4 CH-BLSC works number 22867

Toma Bacic

When 419, 420 and 421 were delivered to the BLS?

thnx and regards
toma

Martin Baumann

91 85 4 475 423-0 CH-BLSC works number 22887 (422 not released yet)

Martin Baumann

91 85 4 475 422-2 CH-BLSC works number 22886

Martin Baumann

91 85 4475 424-8 CH-BLSC works number 22895

Martin Baumann

91 85 4475 425-5 CH-BLSC works number 22896

Martin Baumann

BLS will not receive any more 475 until 2023 when they will get 5 each year 2023 2024 2025 (EA 3/2021)

carlo_hertogs

BLS-Vectron operations in Belgium expanded

Since October 2020 the second batch of BLS-Vectron locomotives (475 416-440) started up commercial service on Belgian tracks working the Ambrogio shuttles. In fact the locomotives were used all the way between Muizen near Mechelen in Belgium and t Gallarate in Italy and back. Since the last two weeks of April 2021 the BLS-Vectrons are also used to haul the Frenkendorf shuttles. These Crossrail container trains link trice a week the Swiss staion Frenkendorf-Fullinsdorf with Antwerpen-Waaslandhaven. And since beginning May (first spot yesterday and again today) BLS-Vectrons appear also hauling the GTS-shuttles that link five times a week Piacenza (I) with Zeebrugge.
As I believed Siemens had suspended the delivery of the new Locomotives and the highest number that has been spotted until now in Belgium is 475 425 if my informations are correct ( I know this info corresponds with the info in this topic) and 10 locomotives to workt all these trains is rather small. I have some questions hoping someone can give me more information.

Is the suspension still going on?
What is the highest number of the batch already being used by BLSCargo? Still 475 425?
Can somebody confirm the locomotives are used all the way on these trains? I mean: also on the Italian stretches.

Greetings and thanks in advance for answers.

Carlo