Cargologic AG

csipromo

Following the demise of Crossrail, some of the operations were assumed by SBB Cargo. The Re 436 were then sold to WRS (Widmer Rail Services). A number of the BR 186 that had been leased to Crossrail came under the operation of SBB Cargo. A few of those locomotives were then sublet to TX Logistics, a division of Mercitalia (FS Cargo).
According to what is being reported on railcolor.net, most of those BR 186 are now under control of Cargologic AG, which is described as a Swiss division of Rhenus logistics, the German based company which had acquired majority control over Crossrail before the liquidation.
My understanding was that Rhenus was taking control of the German operations. The Belgian operations were to be run under the Crossrail BV moniker and the Swiss and Italian operations were to become part of SBB Cargo.
Now that Rhenus has stepped back in to the Swiss market, what impact does the Crossrail split have on their operations? Can they simply start up under a new name?
What former Crossrail services are held by SBBC and which ones are now grouped under the Cargologic banner?

AFAIR, Crossrail used to handle traffic for LKW Walter (shareholder), Ewals (now MOVE) and others.
I think that LKW Walter is now using SBB Cargo, at least south of Basel.

Am 22.02.2019 um 01:13 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
most of those BR 186 are now under control of Cargologic AG, which is
described as a Swiss division of Rhenus logistics
Cargologic is active in airfreight logistics
<https://www.cargologic.com/en/>
but nothing has popped up so far in the railway sector. Up to this date Cargolgic is NOT a railway undertaking registered in Switzerland. Thus they are not allowed to operate trains in Switzerland.

From the register of commerce one can see that Crossrail AG was merged with Cargologistics AG on 22 May 2018. Thus, anything (also contracts) in the possession or ownership of Crossrail AG on that date passed on to Cargologic AG.

That's all I can see from that company.

Am 22.02.2019 um 01:13 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:> most of those BR 186 are now under control of Cargologic AG, which is> described as a Swiss division of Rhenus logistics
According to railcolor.net this concerns 186 901-910, or more exactly:

91 80 6186 901-5 D-XRAIL
91 80 6186 902-3 D-XRAIL
91 80 6186 903-1 D-XRAIL
91 80 6186 904-9 D-XRAIL
91 80 6186 905-6 D-XRAIL
91 80 6186 906-4 D-XRAIL
91 80 6186 907-2 D-XRAIL
91 83 2186 908-6 I-XRAIL
91 83 2186 909-4 I-XRAIL
91 83 2186 910-2 I-XRAIL

These locomotives are used by SBBIN.

According to what I have been able to find, the BR 186 were assigned to SBBIN. A number of them were sublet to TX Logistics.
The locomotives were registered to Macquarie and SBBIN may have agreed to a temporary deal.
Cargologic AG is the Swiss division of Rhenus Logistics (formerly Rhenus Alpina) and Rhenus is the owner of what remains of Crossrail in Germany and Belgium.
As far as I know, Rhenus continued to use the D-XRAIL NVR.
Railcolor.net seems to suggest that these loks have reverted back to Rhenus and are now used by that company. It is possible that it is just the title that has changed for the moment, but the operation continues to be SBBC or TXL.
What exactly did SBBIN receive as part of the Crossrail liquidation? I thought that the CH and IT operations of Crossrail were to be merged into SBB Cargo, including the terminals in Wiler and Domodossola. The Re 436 were sold by SBB to WRS. As the BR 186 were leased, the situation was likely more complex.

Railcolor shows them as now with 'Cargologic AG [Kloten]' - the latter place clearly showing the link to an airfreight operator...

On Fri, 22/2/19, Guerbetaler <guerbetaler@sunrise.ch> wrote:

Subject: Re: [SwissRail] Cargologic AG

Guerbetaler

Am 23.02.2019 um 08:30 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
The Re 436 were sold by SBB to WRS.
SBB wasn't involved in this business, apart from not being interested in buying the locomotives. WRS bought directly from Crossrail.

Am 23.02.2019 um 17:36 schrieb Guerbetaler:
Am 23.02.2019 um 08:30 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
The Re 436 were sold by SBB to WRS.
SBB wasn't involved in this business, apart from not being interested in
buying the locomotives. WRS bought directly from Crossrail.
... and, BTW, they are no longer classified Re 436 but Re 430

91 85 4430 111-5 CH-WRSCH since 2018-03-15
91 85 4430 112-3 CH-WRSCH since 2017-03-20
91 85 4430 114-9 CH-WRSCH since 2018-03-15
91 85 4430 115-6 CH-WRSCH since 2018-03-15

csipromo

So, the only thing that SBBC took over was the operation of the routes south of Basel Bad. Bf to destination in Italy.
The Re 436 were sold directly to WRS. Do you have any information on the deal regarding the BR 186, which were used by SBBIN before being sublet to TXLogistics?
Were they operated by TXL or by SBBIN on behalf of TXL?
Now that Rhenus seems to have entered the Swiss market again, are they recovering the operations south of Basel Bad Bf or are the operations ceded to SBBIN remaining with SBB and Rhenus looking for new routes as Cargologic AG?

Am 24.02.2019 um 01:35 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
So, the only thing that SBBC took over was the operation of the routes south of Basel Bad. Bf to destination in Italy.
SBBC didn't do anything. And the contracts between Rhenus and SBBIN are
not published. So the only thing we can see is the fact, that SBBIN is
hauling trains that had been hauled by Crossrail before.

Do you have any information on the deal regarding the BR 186, which were used by SBBIN before being sublet to TXLogistics? Were they operated by TXL or by SBBIN on behalf of TXL?
There are no informations available about the contracts regarding the
use of locomotives. Only two things must be published: The keeper (indicated with his VKM) and the ECM (entity in charge of maintenance). All other informations are private.

186 901-910 carry the VKM XRAIL which stands for Crossrail Benelux nv
ECM is Bombardier

Now that Rhenus seems to have entered the Swiss market again
This is a pure speculation and there are no facts visible here that they
did so. Cargologic AG is active in airfreight logistics and there is no
reason or sign to think that they will do anything else.

It is quite astonishing that railcolor.net knows with whom the contract
for 186 901-910 was made. This is not a public information.

What I can think of is this: When Rhenus wanted to end the activities of
Crossrail AG, there was still a leasing contract for 186 901-910. Maybe
that they had the choice to maintain the contract or pay a fee for
ending the contract before the date fixed in the contract. So they had
to transfer this contract to any of their other subsidiaries. I think
that a transfer to a German company would have had negative impacts on
taxes. So it was the simplest way to merge Crossrail into Cargologic and
continue the contract. Rhenus is free how to make use of these
locomotives. From recent pictures one can find on-line it is obvious that they are often seen in Germany and in Muttenz.

I am still a little confused. Rhenus is maintaining the use of the Rhenus Logistics brand in Germany and Crossrail BV in Belgium.
I think that most of their fleet is resisted as D-XRAIL. I know that one is registered as A-LTE. Rhenus Logistics is a partner in LTE.

I know that the CB Rail BR 186 did provide stopgap traction for SBBIN pending the delivery of the LokRoll Vectron units.

From what I can tell, the locomotives are now being used by Cargologic, which is the new brand for Crossrail and Rhenus Logistics operations in Switzerland.
North of Basel Bad. Bf, some of these trains are hauled by the Rhenus 186 or leased units from Angel Trains or CB Rail (Macquarie).

My models are of the older 185 series, which date back to the days when Crossrail was Crossrail, so none of this affects my modellbahn, but the current status has me confused and curious as to what is transpiring.

Am 24.02.2019 um 16:06 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
I am still a little confused.
You will remain confused as along as you think that financial
transactions have anything to do with railway operations.

From what I can tell, the locomotives are now being used by
Cargologic, which is the new brand for Crossrail and Rhenus Logistics
operations in Switzerland.
Now this is plain wrong. Cargologic AG seems to be (according to railcolor.net, but no confirmation by any other source) the new lessee of 186 901-910. But Cargologic AG is not present in railway operations in any way. So their only role is to continue the leasing contract. They earn the money ¨from those who use the locomotives (who ever they are) and they send it to the lessor. That's all. Full stop.

Edited

I follow your point, but I could still use some clarification.
Rhenus/Crossrail is still handing transport from points in Belgium, Holland and Germany to Basel Bad. Bf. Those operations continue south through Switzerland.
Do you know who is handling the transport from there to Chiasso/Domodossola or beyond?

Crossrail (Crossrail BV, Crossrail AG, DLC) used to haul trains for GTS, TTS, LKW Walter, IFB (Inter Ferry Boats) and Ewals.
I know that I have seen LKW Walter trains pulled by both SBBC and BLSC in Switzerland since Crossrail was liquidated.
I seem to recall having seen photos of the GTS train with SBBC traction.
Ewals is now called MOVE. I am not sure of their current situation.

I do not know who hauls the TTS and IFB trains through Switzerland.
Railcolor.net listed the BR 186 as having been sublet to TX Logistics.
Posts in Drehscheibe refer to the loks as having been operated by SBBC personnel.
Are they under operation of SBBC or being operated on behalf of TXL by SBBC personnel?

It gets even more convoluted... Bahnonline.ch today reports that Crossrail BV (Belgium) has been sold by Rhenus Logistics to BLS Cargo.
http://www.bahnonline.ch/bo/54298/bls-cargo-uebernimmt-crossrail.htm
How this affects the operations in Switzerland is unclear, as many of the operations had been transferred to SBB Cargo when they took control of the operation of Crossrail's contracts south of Basel.
I don't know if this also includes Crossrail's operations in Germany or whether those will now be fully rolled into Rhenus's own operations, nor whether this acquisition also includes the tractive units that were recently transferred to Rhenus' Swiss subsidiary Cargologic AG.

Am 07.03.2019 um 16:15 schrieb csipromo via Groups.Io:
Bahnonline.ch today reports
You can even find the original press release on the BLS homepage :-)
<https://www.bls.ch/de/unternehmen/medien/medienmitteilungen/2019/03-07-cargo-crossrail>