421 379

Martin Baumann

421 379 has been painted in a blue advertising livery "Zürich to Munich 6 times daily in 3 and a half hours"

(That is three in each direction at present)

http://www.sguggiari.ch/4_foto_varie_1.php?veicolo=1437

csipromo

Somebody was nice enough to post a video from Zurich HB showing the Re 421 379 picking up a NightJet train:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YNXw0Y6Zg

421 394 has also been put into this livery

Martin Baumann

421 379 has been purchased by Verein Dampflok 241A-65 who are based at Full

https://www.241a65.ch/rollmaterial/re-421-379-9/

csipromo

I am guessing that the locomotive will be used with the steam locomotive, as it requires a locomotive with current safety systems to run on most of the network. Running the Re 421 in the consist would allow for the steam engine to continue to operate on those routes.

davey

I am guessing that the locomotive will be used with the steam locomotive
Yes but not only. The Dampfverein also acts as train operator for Extrazüge without use of its steam loco.

It recently ran a 4-day train for a Swiss youth association, hiring in an Re 4/4 from Widmer Rail Services.

With their own lok this would not be necessary.

Cheers

Am 25.05.2021 um 17:20 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
I am guessing that the locomotive will be used with the steam
locomotive, as it requires a locomotive with current safety systems
to run on most of the network.
If I'm not mistaken, the 241A65 is fitted with an ETM-S. This allows working on all lines with Level 1LS, but not on Level 2 lines.

Re 421 are fitted with ETM and Indusi. This allows working on all lines with Level 1LS in Switzerland and with Indusi in Germany, but not on Level 2 lines or LZB lines.

Thus no difference for Switzerland.

Markus, Gürbetal