Topics

New livery for BLS 465

csipromo

I added a rough blue line to the lok body. What do you think?

https://groups.io/g/SwissRail/photo/247283/0?p=Created,,,20,2,0,0

I tried this modification:

https://imgflip.com/i/424gai

What do you think?

Am 18.05.2020 um 18:08 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
The final version with mounted Pleitegeier logo on the lok faces:
<https://railcolornews.com/wp-content/uploads/SLM_re460_sbb05sbb.jpg>
... but without the individual locmotive number.
Markus, G├╝rbetal

csipromo

That livery was painted on one locomotive (Re 460 016) as a prototype. The livery was not well received and it was never officially adopted. The SBB decided instead to initially remove the "2000" from the lok faces and has since decided that a more glossy red with the SBB logo added to the lok faces would be the new appearance of these loks.

Prototype "Wave" livery:
https://www.rail-pictures.com/1200/the-sbb-re-460-016-9-33384.jpg
You can find other photos by searching for Re 460 016

First upgraded lok: https://www.railcolor.net/images/basic/slm_5477_64.jpg

The final version with mounted Pleitegeier logo on the lok faces: https://railcolornews.com/wp-content/uploads/SLM_re460_sbb05sbb.jpg

Someone ought to refresh our memory and post a picture of the "new" standard Re460 design scheme with the wave. I never saw a picture of a real locomotive, just a HAG model. How long did they actually last before they were repainted back to the original?

csipromo

I don't know how much I like the new BLS colours. I guess I will want to see how it looks when the locomotive is attached to a train.
I would be curious to see whether it would be more attractive with a dark blue or silver stripe along the bottom of the green, kind of the way that the SBB loks used to have the white stripe between the red or green and the grey part.

Horrible!

Guerbetaler

Am 08.05.2020 um 13:43 schrieb Martin Baumann:
Which will take some getting used to:-(
I hope that the technical update is more successful than the livery update.

I thought we would get some kind of silver and green combination. I think that it would have been nicer with a silver stripe between the lime and the gray sections of the body.

I also noted that none of the photos that I have seen so far have included the taufnahme of the locomotive. Will they continue to bear logos on the side?

I wonder how long it will be before they start to call these loks "limes" and whether 465 013 will be painted yellow "citron" to be different?