mixed gauge Golden Pass (was Re: [SwissRail] BLS Re 4/4)

Guerbetaler

Am 08.06.2020 um 22:23 schrieb gordonwis via groups.io:
I haven't researched it so this is just guesswork, but I bet one
proposal was a tunnel from the Wimmis area under Spiez station
exiting below Faulensee station - where the lie of the land would
provide an ideal exit point.
That would have required a tunnel of more than 2 km. It would have made a 200m-or-more-CHF-project of it. I haven't seen such a proposal. But it was seen as necessary that the meter gauge trains would enter track 1 in Spiez coming from Zweisimmen, requiring an underpass under the Spiez - Thun line. All the necessary work summed up to around 100m.

Markus, G├╝rbetal

gordonwis

There were good solutions. But not cheap ones...