SBB obs plus MGB/MOB/BLS bits

Guerbetaler

Am 23.07.2020 um 07:46 schrieb Mark Torkington:
from the interrail app offline timetable that a lot of us when abroad
As indicated on the interrail website, this timetable doesn't reflect all the changes made due to Corona. So, to be sure your train is running, check the national timetable a short time before departure.

I was told that Jungfrau region will reduce train numbers again. The same thing may happen at other places. And not all GEX have been reintroduced.

Am 23.07.2020 um 07:46 schrieb Mark Torkington:
These were taken from the interrail app offline timetable that a lot of us when abroad. Maybe you should direct your rant towards the SBB / Interrail data coding people rather than people who are just trying to post some sightings?
Thank you, I will take that, as I'm in regular contact with SBB people of this sector.

Markus

Mark Torkington

>>>sorry for the rant, but that's R 211 and PE 2111. It's really not helpful to use abbreviations that are misleading or not >>>known at all. Thank you.

These were taken from the interrail app offline timetable that a lot of us when abroad. Maybe you should direct your rant towards the SBB / Interrail data coding people rather than people who are just trying to post some sightings?

Cheers

Mark

Guerbetaler

Am 22.07.2020 um 13:31 schrieb Mark Torkington:
MGB 21 RE211
MOB 6003 FT2111
sorry for the rant, but that's R 211 and PE 2111. It's really not helpful to use abbreviations that are misleading or not known at all. Thank you.

For what it’s worth, trains are fairly busy with locals but not at
pre-covid levels and everyone is wearing facemasks on them. On the
vast majority of trains I got a bay of 4 to myself and not a single
train was full and standing, even at rush hour.
Overall patronage was last reported around 80% of normal. However, on single trains or lines it's less than 50% (especially Jungfraujoch) but others are rather above the normal. I heard of a train in Goms where people sat on the floor. In general 1st class is less, as all the Interrail and Eurailpass holders etc. are not there. Number of guests in many Swiss holiday regions is equal or higher than normal because very many Swiss family make holidays in their own country. I read reports from Appenzell where locals say they have never heard so much French speaking (guests from Western Switzerland) before.

Facemasks are mandatory in public transport, but you are allowed to remove it when eating or drinking. ;-)

Markus

Mark Torkington

Tuesday 21st
MGB 21 RE211
The 2 BLS 420 turns were 501/2
MOB 6003 FT2111

And then SBB stuff seen between yesterday afternoon and this morning in the Zurich / Basel area:

420 204/5/6/9/10/11/13/14/15/18/20/24
11112/16/22/24/28/31/32/33/39/46/49/53/301
421 383

For what it’s worth, trains are fairly busy with locals but not at pre-covid levels and everyone is wearing facemasks on them. On the vast majority of trains I got a bay of 4 to myself and not a single train was full and standing, even at rush hour. The longer distance trains and ECs were worst hit with most running around nearly empty, especially in the evenings and the more tourist orientated stuff (Glacier Exp etc) are particularly quiet due to the lack of foreign tourists.

Thanks as always to those who’ve posted the diagrams, gen and answered questions etc. Photos to follow.

Cheers

Mark