RhB signal

Guerbetaler

Am 23.08.2020 um 16:36 schrieb Rob:
With a different audience here, can anyone advise on this signal's purpose?
It is a protection signal for the automatic door of the tunnel.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/kecko/17133103218/in/photostream/>

A normal main signal must have a white border and means stop when dark. This signal should always be dark when a train passes by. It's there for exceptional situations, e.g. when a train gets stuck on the line or when there is work on the line and transports to the working site are needed.

Markus, G├╝rbetal

Rob

In this video:

https://www.facebook.com/Bahnportraits02/videos/345311906477683/

you can see a single-lens signal at the tunnel mouth. I have only seen this before in Switzerland at a buffer stop (permanent red) which is clearly not the case here. I asked elsewhere and it was suggested it might be related to snow/ice doors inside the tunnel, but a signal that can only show red or dark doesn't sound fail-safe (does a dark aspect mean the bulb has failed or the line is clear)? I'm not aware that Switzerland has yet adopted the British/Italian/etc practice of using different coloured LEDs to display different signal aspects through a single aperture.

With a different audience here, can anyone advise on this signal's purpose? Also, is there an associated distant signal ("vorsignal")? Is it unique or are there others?

thanks in anticipation
Rob