Photo (Railpictures.net)

csipromo

I already did. It has not yet been posted into the comment section as of a few days ago.

If the chalk marking was 11605 it would be a different matter but '605' means nothing necessarily. So who's going to post the comment in Railpictures...?

csipromo

There is another photo taken the same day which clearly shows 11629 in the shops, so that would suggest that it has to be 11630 in stripped down state in the photo from the original post:
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/752691/

11629 was the locomotive that 11630 collided with as it was pulling an oil train in Basel harbour.

This photo shows a pair of Re 6/6 cab enclosures, of which at least one probably ended up in the rebuilt 11630:
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/752722/

Am 02.11.2020 um 05:29 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
I thought that with the date of 1981, this could be 11630, but there
are clearly markings that say 605 and 005 on the chassis seen in the
photo. Does anybody have any information as to why a 6 year old
locomotive needed such repairs or could this be the 11630?
I can't imagine anything else than this being 11630. According to EA 10/1980 this locomotive was brought to Bellinzona for repair. It arrived there on 8 Sept 1980. Danuser/Streiff say building a new carbody by SLM had been found too expensive and that SBB repaired the locomotive. All this fits perfectly with the picture in question. 605 and 005 seem to be markings for the workforce and mislead the writer of the caption to think it had a relation to the locomotive number 11605, which was pure speculation. Danuser/Streiff list all heavy repairs but nothing about 11605.

Markus, G├╝rbetal

csipromo

Jean-Marc Frybourg posted a photo that supposedly shows Re 6/6 11605 with only half of it's superstructure, taken at Bellinzona shops in Summer 1981.
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/752729/

I could only find three locomotives involved in serious accidents around that time, of which only the first, 11630 in 1980, fits that period. The others were 11611 in 1986 and 11638 in 1990. I thought that with the date of 1981, this could be 11630, but there are clearly markings that say 605 and 005 on the chassis seen in the photo.

Does anybody have any information as to why a 6 year old locomotive needed such repairs or could this be the 11630?