RhB Be 4/4 EMU sets 511 to 516

young_pete2000

David Prior

Tomorrow 514 is due to run as 9132 from Samedan-Landquart ca.09:45 for repair.

It’s reserve duty will be covered by replacement 515, running as 9133 13:30 Landquart-Samedan. (Followed a few mins later by 602 as 9135, ~13:55 Landquart-Samedan).

Mick Sasse

For example, with the Engadin Scuol-Tarasp Regio service working to time but the incoming Albula IR service delayed, the Be 4/4 set was used to provide a timely connection [14:09] between Samedan and Pontresina for any onward passengers possibly heading to the Bernina, where buses were being used for the onward service to Poschiavo.
Don, those are exactly the circumstances of my last trip on such a unit, too! (Talk about "putting the passenger first"...!)

Mick

Don

On Monday 7th December I noted on RhB Livestream Be 4/4 514 and set on the move at Samedan. They were being used to provide an Extrazug service, as required. For example, with the Engadin Scuol-Tarasp Regio service working to time but the incoming Albula IR service delayed, the Be 4/4 set was used to provide a timely connection [14:09] between Samedan and Pontresina for any onward passengers possibly heading to the Bernina, where buses were being used for the onward service to Poschiavo. OK it may not be the first outing during this period of heavy snow, but the old motor coach set is still in business!

glenn allen

Their replacements on diagrams 402 and 404 are marked as ‘RTZ’

So Capricorns is the answer.

That’s not to say that anything else could be seen.

Glenn

Robin Jorimann

Another question relating to them.
What has replaced them on the Davos - Klosters shuttle? Capricorns?
Thank you

robertb@smartchat.net.au

Is one of these sets going to be preserved or are they going the way
most "modern" RhB rolling stock goes and are all scrapped?

Robert Bogie

David Prior

Shown as follows in the current allocations :

511/512/513 all “Abgestellt RhB”
514 BR at Samedan as noted below
515 “Abgestellt LQ”

Presumably 516 doesn’t appear in the list any longer because it is being dismantled already.

When I was over there in mid-Oct two were dumped outside Reichenau-Tamins (I think) and a couple more in the sidings south of Chur. As I don’t really follow units I didn’t note which ones, but presumably they were 511/12/13/15.

I only paid attention to them because during a family winter holiday in Feb of this year, I remembered that the StNPs still had control of most Klo-Dav-Fil shuttles.

Martin Baumann

These six EMU are on the way out. They no longer have booked workings, one covers the Dispozug at Samedan (currently 514)

511 and 512 are awaiting scrapping

513 514 515 are currently available for use

516 is currently being stripped at Landquart works