Bahnbilder von Max Hintermann

csipromo

It's good to see that the site is back up and running.
It would be nice to see some kind of system, perhaps similar to polier.ch, but perhaps a little less costly.
I am not sure what the monetary value of a photo is, but sites with photos prior to 1990 definitely have some kind of value.
Maybe 1 - 2 CHF for a medium resolution photo and 2 - 3 for a high resolution copy?

I guess you then have to come up with a licensing scheme. I don't know about watermarking, but definitely putting the name on the edge of the photo would be a good idea.

Max Wyss

If not already done, it might be a good idea to add an according watermark to the publicly available pictures.

Max

PS. if automatisation of Photoshop would become an issue, feel free to contact me in private.

Stefan Unholz

The site has already been resurrected and is now maintained by Urs G. Berger, known to many of us for his activities in the field of TEE trains and Swiss Container cars. The pictures will remain as small as they currently are. In future, large resolution versions will only be available on special request.

Regards, Stefan

Rob V

Stefan Unholz wrote:
The site has been taken down by its maintainer, Roebi Sturzenegger.
Apparently, too many pictures were stolen or misused without his approval,
and he was also flooded with questions and requests regarding the pictures.
He has handed the Hintermann archive over to somebody else who will
eventually decide how to keep it accessible in a restricted form.
It has been partially archived here:
<https://web.archive.org/web/20191230231132/http://bahnbilder-von-max.ch/index.html>

Cheers,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

gordonwis

On Saturday, 6 March 2021, 09:09:21 GMT, Alan McMillan <alan@techwareconsultancy.com> wrote:

Does anyone know what has happened to this excellent website?
The site is still there but all the photographs have disappeared.
Site says 'last updated 5 March', so yesterday Friday. The little blue question marks in place of photos happens when the image source is removed or the link is made duff in some way, so something planned or unplanned has clearly happened

Alan McMillan

Stefan Unholz wrote:
The site has been taken down by its maintainer, Roebi Sturzenegger.
Apparently, too many pictures were stolen or misused without his approval,
and he was also flooded with questions and requests regarding the pictures.
He has handed the Hintermann archive over to somebody else who will
eventually decide how to keep it accessible in a restricted form.
That's a real shame. It was THE resource for historical photos of the Swiss railways.

glenn allen

Does anyone know what has happened to this excellent website? The site is still there but all the photographs have disappeared.

  • Some kind of update took place on the 3rd, might be best to ask the site owner, see if he can shed some light on the problem.
  • rob.sturzenegger@... <rob.sturzenegger@...>;

Stefan Unholz

The site has been taken down by its maintainer, Roebi Sturzenegger. Apparently, too many pictures were stolen or misused without his approval, and he was also flooded with questions and requests regarding the pictures. He has handed the Hintermann archive over to somebody else who will eventually decide how to keep it accessible in a restricted form.

Regards, Stefan

csipromo

I was trying to look up photos of the TEE Roland the other day and noted that the content was no longer there. I assumed it might be some temporary issue.

Hopefully it will be back up again at some point.

There are so few sites with photos older than 1990.
Hopefully if they can no longer maintain the site, they might transfer his library to the people who run www.polier.ch or similar.

Alan McMillan