Blausee-Mitholz, was: Gotthard mountain route

Guerbetaler

Am 25.06.2021 um 12:41 schrieb Clive Dean:
In your recent reply Marcus you say that the railway and road are to be kept open but traffic must go via the tunnels, could you clarify, is the old route and the road to be kept  open throughout?
not "via the tunnels", rather "via tunnels"

The road and the railway to Kandersteg must remain open. Short closures during critical operations remain possible. But I haven't yet seen the plans 'how' this protection will be done. If I understood correctly, parts will be covered (tunnels built over the existing route).

Markus, Gürbetal

Clive Dean

In your recent reply Marcus you say that the railway and road are to be kept open but traffic must go via the tunnels, could you clarify, is the old route and the road to be kept  open throughout?

Guerbetaler

Am 24.06.2021 um 20:36 schrieb john_dmj:
Blausee-Mitholz?
That's still another story. But the railway and the road are to be kept open. It is planned to close the area for about ten years to clear the remainings of the former ammunition depot that exploded on 20th December 1947 and killed 9 residents. The explosions destroyed 3000 t of a total of 7000 t stored in the depot. It was now found that these 4000 t are still dangerous and that it is necessary to remove them. During the clean up the region must remain empty. Traffic must go through tunnels.

Markus, Gürbetal