SBB + CFF markings on EW and RIC coaches

gordonwis

I'm sure this has been covered before but can't find the references. When (and in what volumes) did the last green coaches with the original SBB + CFF style coach side last run in regular service?

Guerbetaler

Am 04.07.2021 um 01:56 schrieb gordonwis via groups.io:
I'm sure this has been covered before but can't find the references. When (and in what volumes) did the last green coaches with the original SBB + CFF style coach side last run in regular service?
This must have been about 1998, when the last light steel coaches were withdrawn. Driving trailers and dining cars got the new logo, but A, AB, B and D remained with the old SBB+CFF and SBB+FFS. However, some luggage vans lingered around until 2001, but not fitted with UIC cable they couldn't be used in normal consists any more.

I remember still seeing the odd coach with the SBB + CFF / SBB + FFS markings as recently as late 2003/early 2004.
I don't recall seeing any on my most recent trip (2019).

Railfaneurope.net has several photos from 2004: http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_I/B/pix.html

EWII were more likely to have been updated, as more coaches were converted to Comfort or Papagei liveries along the way.

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_I/B/pix.html has some pictures showing the original lettering surviving in 2004 on EWI

Guerbetaler

Am 04.07.2021 um 21:22 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
I remember still seeing the odd coach with the SBB + CFF / SBB + FFS markings as recently as late 2003/early 2004.
Railfaneurope.net has several photos from 2004: http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_I/B/pix.html
Thanks for this. Both coaches shown are of the group without wiring for push-pull.
50 85 20-33 288-5
50 85 20-34 000-3

csipromo wrote:

I remember still seeing the odd coach with the SBB + CFF / SBB + FFS markings as recently as late 2003/early 2004.
Railfaneurope.net has several photos from 2004: http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_I/B/pix.html
Yes I've seen the RailfanEurope shots, the dates would make sense as I was concentrating on France for many years as I knew the most 'interesting' stuff in France was receding slightly faster than in CH. Although I did visit Switzerland and lineside in the early 2000s I didn't do much main line riding so rather missed the end of the classic green and red plastic seat interiors of old logo EWI/IIs.

Having given up on France except for specific things here and there I have majored on Switzerland for every European holiday since about 2009.