Question about Eurofima Am and SBB Bpm/B UIC-Z

Guerbetaler

Am 08.07.2021 um 15:36 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
My ACME SBB Am Eurofima coach has a revision date of XX.XX.2002. As
far as I remember, the dates were always expressed in two digit
groups, so it should have read XX.XX.02 instead. Maybe Markus can
confirm this?
Writing wasn't always uniform. I find 5.4.02 besides 05.04.02. But I couldn't find a four-digit year.

Gordon,

Thank you very much for that. The information that I have been trying to figure out is beyond anything that I have seen on any website.
I ordered four SBB EC coaches (LS Models). The coaches all have revision dates between 2007 and 2009. I was planning on adding a panorama Apm coach once they are released, bringing the consist to 5 coaches total.

In the interim, I was trying to figure out what other coaches could be used with this consist.
I had the idea that I could use either an Am Eurofima, which were used in some consists, but none of the models in my collection had an overlapping revision date.
Last night, I found that one of my Roco models (44669) has a 2009 revision, which opens up that possibility.

Markus made the contribution that I could add a Roco WRm (44963) type. I have to check the revision date on that model.

None of my individual LSM SBB Eurofimas have revision dates past the 1990s. The same applies to all my LSM SBB RIC coaches in the green/grey livery.
I did not consider any of my fleet in the new ICN livery, as that was coming into service in 2009, so would still have been rare.

I am going to expand my search to any compatible coach with a revision date from 2005 on.

While looking into this I discovered one interesting thing. My ACME SBB Am Eurofima coach has a revision date of XX.XX.2002.
As far as I remember, the dates were always expressed in two digit groups, so it should have read XX.XX.02 instead. Maybe Markus can confirm this?

I am not usually a rivet counter to this level, but seeing as I already had a fleet of Roco SBB EC coaches and I specifically ordered the LSM models that had close revision dates, I became more curious about this.

In the meantime, any suggestions are appreciated.
Reisezuge.ch covers the 2009 and 2010 era so you should be able to check consists on that web site

Guerbetaler

Am 06.07.2021 um 02:52 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
being that the revision dates on my models are 2007 through 2009.
The Swiss rule used to be four years for coaches between revisions. I think this rule lasted until 1998.

Going through my photos of 2008 I found a detail photo of WRm 108 with REV3 Ol 14.12.01 (I took the photo because of the V-Lok inscription)

So, you would not find coaches with 2007 mixed with ones from 2008 and early/mid 2009?
Would that also be the case for domestic (inland) ICs?

On Tue, Jul 6, 2021 at 10:58 PM, csipromo wrote:

What is the maximum time frame between revisions, i.e. what revision dates
could you find in a consist for any given point of time?
For an intenationally approved coach, prefix 51 or 61 it used to be a maximum of one year. I am uncertain if this is still the case.

csipromo

Just a quick related question:

What is the maximum time frame between revisions, i.e. what revision dates could you find in a consist for any given point of time?

Am 06.07.2021 um 02:52 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
While waiting for an Apm Panorama to make my consist a 5 coach EC, which other coaches would be best suited?
When used in EC service they were mostly among themselves. The Zürich - München consist was
Am - Apm - WRm EW IV - Bpm - Bpm - Bpm ...
EC Chur - Germany had 3 Apm, a WRm EW IV and many Bpm.
At that time CIS-liveried coaches were around.
The Am were in their last years of SBB service.

But Apm and Bpm were also used in inland services. At the Gotthard you could see them in a wild mix with EW IV, even EW II, and Bpm ex Bm Z2 and B ex Bpm Z1 plus an Apm Pano in the middle.

St. Gallen - Chur were especially nice consists, e.g.
D EW II - Apm - Bpm - B ex Bpm Z1 - Bpm ex Bm Z2 with an Re 4/4"

While trying to assemble a consist for a short IC/EC using a few of the new LS Models Apm/Bpm EC 90 coaches, I am trying to figure out which other coaches you could find in a consist for the period 2009-2010, being that the revision dates on my models are 2007 through 2009.

All of my LSM Am Eurofima have revision dates from the 1990s (1992/1993), so are not technically appropriate. I know that these coaches used to run right behind the locomotive on ECs to Munich and on other routes to German destinations where diesel traction was common (e.g. EC Albert Einstein). I also have a number of B RIC (ex-Bpm UIC-Z) and B RIC in either the EWIV or ICN liveries as well.

While waiting for an Apm Panorama to make my consist a 5 coach EC, which other coaches would be best suited?

Nils Bechtiger used to have a website with photos sorted by year, but that is no longer maintained.
I am going to go through my collection to see what I can find, including my Re-Os.nl videos.

In the meantime, any suggestions are appreciated.