Appenzellerbahn

David Prior

Can anyone confirm whether the AB’s Ge 4/4 lok, number 1, has any passenger work or is purely infrastructure / freight ?

It seems to be one of those things rarely reported, if ever.

Thanks, David

Guerbetaler

Am 03.10.2021 um 14:25 schrieb David Prior via groups.io:
Can anyone confirm whether the AB’s Ge 4/4 lok, number 1, has any passenger work or is purely infrastructure / freight ?
It seems to be one of those things rarely reported, if ever.
Ge 4/4 1, BDe 4/4 44 and 45 are all stored in Gossau but are not allowed to run because they haven't yet got ZSI-127. It is possible that Ge 4/4 1 will get ZSI-127 to be available as reserve for the Walzer EMUs. AB is completely freight-less ... Infrastructure now has the two new Stadler Gem 2/2 1095-1096, which can also work in MU for heavy trains and can also go to Trogen. Ge 4/4 1 is restricted Gossau - Wasserauen and Appenzell - Gais workshop (not entering the station!)

The only older vehicles fitted with ZSI-127 are BDeh 4/4 16-17 and ABt 116-117 for Altstätten - Gais and ABt 121-123 to be used as "modules" for the Walzer EMUs (1001-1005), seen here in Wasserauen.

Markus

Marco van Uden

Op zo, okt. 3, 2021 om 15:42 schreef David Prior via groups.io<david.prior64=icloud.com@groups.io>:
Can anyone confirm whether the AB’s Ge 4/4 lok, number 1, has any passenger work or is purely infrastructure / freight ?
If I'm correct it is for sale and has no scheduled duties at all.
Marco

David Prior

On 3 Oct 2021, at 16:37, Guerbetaler via groups.io wrote:
Ge 4/4 1, BDe 4/4 44 and 45 are all stored in Gossau but are not allowed to run because they haven't yet got ZSI-127……
Thank you Markus. I did find some video online with 1 at the head of passenger trains, but not recently. Have been in the area a few times, but each time only hiking through. Must go back on the rails some time.

Guerbetaler

Am 03.10.2021 um 15:46 schrieb Marco van Uden via groups.io:
If I'm correct it is for sale and has no scheduled duties at all.
AB has tried to sell it but who on the world would need a single electric locomotive for 1500 V dc on meter gauge?

It's a long time since Ge 4/4 had scheduled duties, that were freight trains. It has since been used as a replacement for motor coaches that were in the workshop. But since the first ZSI-127 balises were installed it can't be used in regular trains.

I had a week in a very nice 'detached' holiday let above Appenzell (Sammelplatz) in 2016 in order to do all the Appenzell routes before all the 'new plastic' arrived on the scene and whilst the old 'SGA' alignment out of St Gallen was still in use. On that occasion, I may have been lucky because AB1 was in regular use Gossau - Wasserauen. I knew it was 'out of the ordinary' so I made some deliberate changes (just about with my wife's consent!...) to our journeys to facilitate lineside shots of same.