Topics

Beninabahn - current services

Andy

Can anyone tell me why Alp Grüm seems to be deserted of trains this last week?  The same two ABe units (one an Allegra and the other an ABe50 pair), seem to be providing all services between Poschiavo and somewhere south of the Brusio viaduct which suggests the main line is blocked - but the  Bahnverkehrsinformation map does not show any interruptions to the service.  Is it suddenly a very different timetable or have I just been unlucky with spotting trains which until recently I have been dropping in to record every now and again quite successfully.  Am I missing something obvious?

Regards,    Andy McMillan

David

David Prior

Buses running between Pontresina and Poschiavo this week. Don’t know where the actual work is being done.

Buses between Poschiavo and Tirano until 8am and after 6pm starting tomorrow.

Andy

Thanks, David; thought it had gone a bit quiet !

Andy

Thomas

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 06:58 AM, David Prior wrote:

Buses running between Pontresina and Poschiavo this week. Don’t know where
the actual work is being done.

Buses between Poschiavo and Tirano until 8am and after 6pm starting tomorrow.
It is shown both on https://www.rhb.ch/de/news-events/geplanter-bahnersatz/details/article/bahnersatzbetrieb-pontresina-poschiavo and on https://www.rhb.ch/de/news-events/bauarbeiten.

On Sat, Nov 7, 2020 at 05:45 AM, David wrote:

Italian travel restrictions have closed Tirano.
https://www.suedostschweiz.ch/aus-dem-leben/2020-11-05/keine-rhb-freizeitreisen-mehr-nach-tirano
This wouldn't explain why the same two trains are used on a section of line north of Campocologno.

Rgds, Thomas.

Andy

Thanks, Thomas. Something to do with that fallen rock, I suspect...

Andy