Bex - Villars - Bretaye, was: Less travelled narrow gauge trains

Guerbetaler

Am 23.09.2021 um 00:08 schrieb jpnoiville:
But I would recommand the BVB line out of Bex (between Aigle and
St-Maurice). There is extensive street running in Bex, then a
cogwheel section to Gryon, and from there to Villars the train runs
by or on the road, with blind corners and very sharp curves. Worth a
visit !
From 12th December 2021 on the trains will continue from Villars to Bretaye. AFAIK it is the first time that regular trains will work through. Until now you always had to change in Villars!!

Not sure if I'm remembering correctly but I thought at some time in the past some trains used the chord at Villars to go direct Bex - Bretaye , at least for a period of years., but I agree I don't think it was 7/365 Then they seemingly ran out of storage space and started using the chord to store rolling stock!

From 12th December 2021 on the trains will continue from Villars to
Bretaye. AFAIK it is the first time that regular trains will work
through. Until now you always had to change in Villars!!

Guerbetaler

Am 23.09.2021 um 00:30 schrieb gordonwis via groups.io:
Not sure if I'm remembering correctly but I thought at some time in the past some trains used the chord at Villars to go direct Bex - Bretaye , at least for a period of years., but I agree I don't think it was 7/365
I was told, by TPC staff, that only 21-26 are allowed to use the chord.

Markus, Gürbetal