Coach Numbering Font

Alan McMillan

Does anyone know the name of the font used for numbering SBB coaching stock in the days of the SBB + CFF logo? I've thought previously it was DIN 1451 Engschrift and although that is close, it's not quite right.

Regards

Alan McMillan

csipromo

https://www.moba-forum.ch/index.php?thread/4495-schriftart-für-nummernblock-sbb-wagen/

For older markings...
according to SBB Historic, the Leichtstahlwagen have the following markings:

Symbol Height 45mm
Font Calibri
Ginstergelb RAL 1032
(or 3M Scotchcal Nr. 100-604)

Modern font: https://company.sbb.ch/de/ueber-die-sbb/profil/sbb-markenportal/basis/schrift.html

Am 09.04.2021 um 19:51 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
https://www.moba-forum.ch/index.php?thread/4495-schriftart-für-nummernblock-sbb-wagen/
For older markings...
according to SBB Historic, the Leichtstahlwagen have the following markings:
Symbol Height 45mm
Font Calibri
Ginstergelb RAL 1032
(or 3M Scotchcal Nr. 100-604)
Three messages further down, somebody who usually knows what he says, said that he was shocked by this information. And he also said that the current inscriptions on SBBH Leichtstahlwagen were wrong!

Markus, Gürbetal

Alan McMillan

Hi Markus

I didn't think I knew enough about this to say, but I went to a font download site to get the Calibri font only to discover that it dates from 2005! Clearly not what was used on coaches during the SBB + CFF era. If SBBH have used it on their vehicles, I'm shocked too!

The DIN 1451 Mittelschrift DB Regular font is the correct one although I did have to tweak the figure 1 and 7 to get it absolutely right according to period close-up photos I have of number panels.

Alan