Topics

Ge 4/4 III with Alvra

Guerbetaler

Today would have been a day for locohaulics at the Albula. Apart from most beautiful weather, all six Alvras have been in service and five of them pulled/pushed by Ge 4/4 III. For the sixth consist the At driving trailer is missing, seems to be under repair. It is replaced with a new Bt driving trailer, but Ge 4/4 III are not yet permitted with these driving trailers. So the sixth Alvra needed an Allegra. The consists are/were (first number indicating when it passed Filisur on track 2):

08_648-(*)-5701-57802
09_641-(*)-5705-57805
10_644-(*)-5703-57803
11_647-(*)-5706-57806
12_3507-*)-5702-52808
13_643-(*)-5704-57804

At (*) coaches are inserted as required, this can be a WR 3810-13 and/or one or two B EW II 2374-82/2421-50.

BTW, a train passing through Filisur at 8 o'clock through track 2 (South) would return on track 1 three hours later and again on track 2 three hours later. In other words: 8/2 - 11/1 - 14/2 - 17/1.

On days where an Alvra needs to be serviced, a replacement consist with Allegra and EW II is used:

3501-2437-4222-2382-2429-1268-1264-52804

Markus, reporting from Samedan :-)

tudor erich

Today would have been a day for locohaulics at the Albula.
Hope Helena enjoyed that.
Bernard

Thomas

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 08:39 AM, Guerbetaler wrote:

On days where an Alvra needs to be serviced, a replacement consist with
Allegra and EW II is used:

3501-2437-4222-2382-2429-1268-1264-52804
On Thursday, the replacement set was in use on diagram 612 (trains 1128, 1137, 1152 and 1161).

Rgds, Thomas.

Guerbetaler

Am 08.02.2020 um 09:46 schrieb Thomas:
On Thursday, the replacement set was in use
and on Wednesday and on Tuesday and on Monday and on Sunday...

Check the Filisur webcam to find out on which diagram :-)

<https://www.schmalspurbahn.ch/filisur/archiv/20/02/>

As we have finally reached the 'new era' of Ge4/4III + Alvra push pull, two questions emerge (I could answer question 1 myself if I thought about it but have had little time available due to family issues recently):

1) the locos are clearly marshalled at the south end of the sets - so which 'classic' loco hauled photos are no longer possible due to this orientation?
2) does push pull actually save any money? - eg have any shunting personnel been made redundant?

Guerbetaler

Am 07.02.2020 um 17:38 schrieb Guerbetaler:
At (*) coaches are inserted as required, this can be a WR 3810-13 and/or
one or two B EW II 2374-82/2421-50.
Today (peak traffic) one trainset had three B + one WR, pulled by 644

<https://www.schmalspurbahn.ch/filisur/webcam/m200208100043167>
<https://www.schmalspurbahn.ch/filisur/webcam/m200208100218172>

(I was in the train on track 1)

Am 07.02.2020 um 17:38 schrieb Guerbetaler:
For the sixth consist the At driving
trailer is missing, seems to be under repair. It is replaced with a new
Bt driving trailer, but Ge 4/4 III are not yet permitted with these
driving trailers. So the sixth Alvra needed an Allegra.
12_3507-*)-5702-52808
Today, all six Alvras had an At and the Allegra working was 3501. Passing Filisur webcam 08/2,11/1,14/2,17/1.

A sixth Ge 4/4 III would be available, but 642 is in use for the Vereina car-shuttle. Four locomotives are needed today, as every Saturday in February.

646 is in HW Landquart for refit and the remaining two Ge 4/4 III should work in Davos services.

Pity "BüGA" is in works as it's one of my favourite liveries. Means I won't see it on my trip next week. I find the Integral livery on 642 boring.

Markus, how many Ge4/4III are now refitted?

644 and 647 were the early refits and are now familiar in Alvra; 641, 642, 643 and 648 have more recently joined the 'Alvra refit' bunch

I have noticed 650 'Unesco' in the Davos platform on the Filisur webcam so I assume that one hasn't been 'done' yet

Guerbetaler

Am 09.02.2020 um 01:04 schrieb gordonwis via Groups.Io:
Pity "BüGA" is in works as it's one of my favourite liveries. Means I
won't see it on my trip next week. I find the Integral livery on 642
boring.
642 is in tunnel duty. So you don't have to look at it :-)

Markus, how many Ge4/4III are now refitted?
6: 641-44 and 647-48 can be used with Alvra and At 57801-06 or with car shuttle driving trailers 1731...42

I have noticed 650 'Unesco' in the Davos platform on the Filisur
webcam so I assume that one hasn't been 'done' yet
That's right. 645 and 649-52 do Davos trains and Vereina tunnel car shuttles. They can be used with BDt 1721...58

"Surplus" Ge 4/4 III may be found in Disentis - Scuol or Landquart - St. Moritz workings, depending on daily disposition but rather not on Saturdays. In other words: The fourth locomotive for car shuttles is only needed on Saturdays and is used in any diagram Sunday - Friday.

Markus, Gürbetal