Topics

GGB trains

OL.Guerbetal

GGB now has four basic train sets for regular traffic, all consisting of a new low floor Stadler EMU on the Zermatt side and one of the newer two-car-sets. The older two car sets, although refitted for multiple unit running, run singly as supplements behind the basic set. These sets are formed with the end digit matching!

3081-3051
3082-3052
3083-3053
3084-3054

Interesting - I wonder if that will be replicated in winter

Martin Baumann

On January 4th this year I noted the following sets in service on the GGB:

3081+3051
3082+3052
3083+3053
3054+3084

3041
3043
3044

3061+Xrote 3932 (Snowplow)

3015 freight

3042 was spare at Riffelberg.

When I travelled as far as Riffelalp 14.07.2014 to do the tramway I was on 3081+3082 in both directions. 3083+3084 3051+3053 and 3043 were noted in service. 3061 was spare at Zermatt

gordonwis

OK, sounds like a definitive change to the running routine, summer and winter, presumably since the December 2014 (?) timetable change. And I guess it so that one of the vehicles with the lowest floor is in each main service train. Up until my last visit in 2012 it was always two of the same 305x or 308x that were paired up.

OL.Guerbetal

Am 10.08.2015 um 11:16 schrieb martin98baumann@... [SwissRail]:
When I travelled as far as Riffelalp 14.07.2014 to do the tramway I
was on 3081+3082 in both directions. 3083+3084 3051+3053 and 3043
were noted in service. 3061 was spare at Zermatt
On 09.08.2014 I found all 3050/3080 in mixed MUs, but low floor was partly on the hillside:

3051-3081
3052-3082
3083-3053
3084-3054

AFAIK some adaptations on the MU system were necessary.

GGB have ordered 5 2 car units from Stadler. They will replace 3041 to 3043 and 3019 to 3021. The new units will be capable of working in multiple with the 3051 and 3081 types and be designed by Pininfarina who did the Re 460 among others.