Topics

#MOB gauge changing trains #mob

Guerbetaler

In another years long field of patience I can confirm that still more patience is needed. The starting date of 13 June 2021 for the MOB gauge changing trains Montreux - Interlaken has been postponed. CORONA delayed bogie delivery and reduced patronage so that an opening is not expected before Dec 2022.

The planned timetable has been published under 120 on
<http://www.fahrplanentwurf.ch>;
and was already online on sbb.ch but has now vanished. The trains would have departed from Montreux at ..35 and would have train numbers 4064, 4068 etc.

The 2021 graphic timetable contains trains at ..35 with train numbers
2708F, 2710F, 2712F etc. It seems that MOB thinks of offering fast trains at peak times. Nothing else has been published so far.

Markus, G├╝rbetal

Martin Baumann

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 08:31 PM, Guerbetaler wrote:

the MOB gauge changing trains Montreux - Interlaken has been postponed. CORONA delayed bogie delivery and reduced patronage so that an opening is not expected before Dec 2022.

An article in French here: https://www.20min.ch/fr/story/le-lancement-du-goldenpass-express-repousse-a-fin-2022-191673233636

Andy Micklethwaite

On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 08:31 PM, Guerbetaler wrote:
the MOB gauge changing trains Montreux - Interlaken has been postponed. CORONA delayed bogie delivery and reduced patronage so that an opening is not expected before Dec 2022.
Have sufficient bogies been delivered to allow testing? Any photos?
Andy Mick

gordonwis

On Tuesday, 10 November 2020, 19:35:25 GMT, Andy Micklethwaite via groups.io <andy.mick=googlemail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have sufficient bogies been delivered to allow testing? Any photos?
I assumee you've seen this from 18 months or so ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-9Gp2hZio&;feature=emb_title

Clive Dean

A pretty amazing bit of engineering

Andy Micklethwaite

I assumee you've seen this from 18 months or so ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq-9Gp2hZio&;feature=emb_title
No - many thanks.
Andy

Alan McMillan

Trust the Swiss to do something as impressive as that!