Re 446 (EDG) (ex-SOB)

csipromo

I saw one report (FB) which stated that EDG Re 446 017 was out of service due to a short circuit. The report did not state whether there was a fire or how serious the damage was. At the time, the locomotive, like it's sisters, was being used for Sugar Beet transport. More information would be appreciated.

When did this happen? 017 was in service on October 20th.

csipromo

Posted by Martin Gobeli on 21.11.27 on Swiss Railways Group (Facebook):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/894282347331350/posts/4749900645102815
"R├╝benkampagne 2021: Hilfe naht... die durch einen Kurzschluss ausser Gefecht gesetzte Re 446 017 wird durch das Duo 474 013 und 193 528 nach Frick AG abgeschleppt. Aufgenommen in Villnachern AG am Vormittag des 27.11.2021."
This description accompanied a photo of EDG 446 017 with sugar beet train and a photo of the two SBBCI Loks running light in tandem.

446 017 was back in service by January 14th when it worked a Basel-Langenthal train in multiple with leased SBB-P 11146

https://www.flickr.com/photos/faivre-stephane/51819287742/

csipromo

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 05:42 PM, Martin Baumann wrote:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/faivre-stephane/51819287742/
I had seen this photo of Re 446 017 from the 21st of December on Bahnbilder.de
https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~e-loks~re-446-sob/1282028/doppeltraktion-mit-den-edg-loks-446.html

I guess it was not out of service for long.