Re 6/6 11672 SBB

tms460

Hello,

Do you know when round lamps were rebuilt into square ones ?

Best regards
Tomasz Sztencel
Gdansk PL

csipromo

Hello Tomasz,

Is your question related to when the original headlights on the Re 6/6 (620) (and Re 4/4II) were converted to the new rectangular halogen headlights or when this specifically occurred for that particular locomotive?

The SBB ordered new material (Re 4/4IV (440) and RBDe 4/4 (560)) starting in 1982. These new units were delivered with halogen headlights instead of the original classic headlamps. It was decided that the final production of Re 4/4II (11372-11397) would also receive this new type of headlights. I believe that Re 4/4 11178 was used as a demonstration for the new livery and new headlight design.
It was then decided that all locomotives were to be retrofitted at their next scheduled major revision (R3).

This was the information that I could find for 11672:
http://www.re620.ch/index.php?Page=datennr&nr=72

As far as I can tell, 11672 finally received halogen headlights at some point since 2005. I have found photos from 2006 with the rectangular headlights, so I would assume that this would tend to support the 2005 revision as when this change was finally done. The locomotive has since also had air conditioning installed.

tms460

On Friday, 19 March 2021, 18:35:02 CET, csipromo via groups.io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
As far as I can tell, 11672 finally received halogen headlights at some point since 2005.
I have found photos from 2006 with the rectangular headlights
Hello Mike,
Thank you very much for your answer.
In fact was interested when the original headlights were converted to the new rectangular for Re 6/6 11672.
The Roco 71409/71410  Re 10/10 , marked as Ep IV , consists of Re 6/6 11672 which would like to use for my own SBB traffic after year 2000.
Now it looks that is possible :-)
Best regardsTomasz

csipromo

For the Loco Re 10/10 announced this year, the set contains the Re 4/4III 11361 and Re 6/6 11672. I have been able to confirm that the Re 6/6 received the new halogen headlights around 2005. The set seems to show 11361 as having the original headlights as well. I will have to try to see if I can find the information for that locomotive as well.

I found one photo on railfaneurope.net from 1999, showing 11361 already equipped with halogen headlights
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/electric/Re4_4_III/SBB_11361.jpg

This would seem to limit the Re 10/10 consist to the period prior to 1999.

I found a photo of the Re 6/6 11672 with round headlights. The photo is dated 1991
[url]http://www.re620.ch/index.php?Page=bil&gal_nr=92&bil_nr=2[/url]

The same website has a photo of 11672 with square headlights, dated 1994
[url]http://www.re620.ch/index.php?Page=bil&gal_nr=92&bil_nr=1[/url]

The locomotive had a R1 revision in Bellinzona (Be) on 25.02.93. This might suggest that the headlights were replaced at that moment.
This contradicts the information that I had found earlier.

11672 has been repainted in the new Cargo livery since 2020.
https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~e-loks~re-66-sbb-re-620/1222195/sbb-cargo-re-66-11672-balerna.html

Markus,

can you please correct the links from re620.ch?

Thanks

MC

csipromo

Update:

I am going through my image sources to try to determine when features were modified on 11672.
The modifications include the following:

1) Original Headlights replaced by Halogen (Rectangular)
2) UIC Socket and Handrail (was this done prior to or simultaneously with 1)
3) Air Conditioning installed (Modified Shell)
4) Received Cargo livery and renamed 620 072 on 12/13 May 2020

Red livery: 6/11/87 (following crash repairs)

ETCS: 2006

Aircon: 2007

Rev dates:

Ue Oer 05.12.78
R2 Be 06.11.87
R1 Be 01.12.89
R1 Be 25.02.93
R2 Be 25.03.96
R3 Be 11.05.00
R1 Be 02.06.05
R1 Be 11.02.10
R2 Be 24.06.14
R3 Be 13.05.20

gordonwis

On Friday, 19 March 2021, 17:35:01 GMT, csipromo via groups.io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
As far as I can tell, 11672 finally received halogen headlights at some point since 2005. I have found photos from 2006 with the rectangular headlights,
The R1 on 2/5/05 seems to be the likely date for the halogen lamps

csipromo

I checked through my photo collection and definitely found photos from 2003 showing the loco with the rectangular halogen headlights, so 2005 is not possible.
As I stated above, I had also found a photo from 1994 on re620.ch where the loco already had the halogen headlights and a photo from 1991 with the original headlights.
That leads me to believe that the R1 in 93 was when the lights were changed. I am still trying to figure out when it was outfitted with the UIC socket and new handrail, probably either at the R2 in 96 or R3 in 2000.

Am 20.03.2021 um 21:53 schrieb csipromo via groups.io:
I am still trying to figure out when it was outfitted with the UIC socket and new handrail, probably either at the R2 in 96 or R3 in 2000.
The 1994 picture you linked clearly shows the UIC socket and handrail. This doesn't leave any other interpretation than that the loco got all modifications in one.

http://www.re620.ch/index.php?Page=bil&gal_nr=92&bil_nr=1

However, I wondered about the date when the photo was taken: 32.02.1994 ????

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 11:25 PM, Guerbetaler wrote:

However, I wondered about the date when the photo was taken: 32.02.1994 ????
Must have been a leap, leap, leap, leap, leap, leap year

MC

csipromo

Apparently the earlier photo from 1991 was taken on the 32nd of July.

It's always nice to have an extra day ever so often to go take photos of Swiss trains ;)

I found the original Marcel Grand Photo
https://www.flickr.com/photos/159788536@N06/49647783492/in/album-72157713435059196/
Dated July 19, 1991

I also found one from the end of December 1991 (also Marcel Grand)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/159788536@N06/49690436122/in/album-72157713435059196/

Here's a photo of 11672 with 11370 from August 1993, already with halogen headlights and handrail:

https://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/schweiz~e-loks~re-44-iii-sbb-re-430/685535/11370--11672-wassen-170893.html

This was a few months after it's R1 revision.

tms460

On Sunday, 21 March 2021, 07:10:02 CET, csipromo via groups.io <csipromo=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
> Here's a photo of 11672 with 11370 from August 1993, already with halogen headlights and handrail:

Thank you

RegardsTomasz

csipromo

If you are looking for a model that fits 1998-2005, the 63847DC/69847AC might be a better fit:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Roco-63847-SBB-Re-10-10/184722599391?