Restaurant cars in COVID times

Andrew Moglestue

I understand that in view of current advice and regulations, the operation of restaurants on trains is suspended.

It is however still surprising how many restaurant cars are still running, but simply closed and not served.

On fixed formations sets this is understandable, as it is not easy to remarshall such a train.

But what about the EW 4 sets? Surely it wouldn't be a big deal to remarshall these trains?

Or do the WR have some additional function?

Guerbetaler

Am 09.03.2021 um 00:48 schrieb Andrew Moglestue via groups.io:
I understand that in view of current advice and regulations, the operation of restaurants on trains is suspended.
It is however still surprising how many restaurant cars are still running, but simply closed and not served.
They are not served, but not closed. You always see people sitting there who want to sit at a table to work ... or to eat. It is allowed to eat on trains, but only what you brought with you.

As far as I can see, all SBB consists are unchanged and the restaurants offer a welcome additional space so that passengers can keep distance.

RhB consists are not fixed; WR are marshalled in and out of consists and they don't do it now. Instead I have seen first class coaches added to the Engadin trains.

Markus