RhB : 701

David Prior

I didn’t notice at the time, but 701 went into Landquart for attention after working diagram #202 on 14th July.

Initially it was under periodic inspection (“Bestellter Fz“), and due out on 5305 diagram #204 the next day, which was indeed shown on the diagrams for 15th.

Seems it didn’t make it back out, and from 16th it became shown as “Reparatur”.

It is now listed as “Abgestellt” ... switched off, or potentially a kind of “stored (un?)serviceable” status.

Does anyone know more - might we have seen the last of it in operation ?

Martin Baumann

Abgestellt can mean out of service due to a defect etc but can also mean stabled as in waiting for next working.

If 701 was long term out of service then "Remisiert" or "Ausser Betrieb" is more likely to be used. If it was not going to run again then "Zur Ausrangierung freigegeben" -authorised for withdrawal- might appear.