Topics

RhB BASIC TRAIN CONSISTS

tudor erich

Does anyone have knowledge of the basic unit of trains run on the Rhb?
I know the core unit on the Bernina is motive power, an AB and a BD and from Disentis it is AB A B B B D but what is used on the other lines?

Bernard

Guerbetaler

Am 12.02.2020 um 18:30 schrieb tudor erich via Groups.Io:
Does anyone have knowledge of the basic unit of trains run on the
Rhb? I know the core unit on the Bernina is motive power, an AB and a
BD and from Disentis it is AB A B B B D but what is used on the other
lines?
minimum consists:
A"/B" = EW II, may be an EW IV on occasions

Chur - Arosa
3 x Allegra

Landquart - Davos - Filisur
2 x Ge 4/4 III - A - B - B -BDt
3 x Allegra - B" - Bt

Klosters - Davos - Filisur
2 x STNP: Be 4/4 511-16 - B - B - ABDt

Engadin: Scuol - Pontresina and St. Moritz - Klosters (- Landquart)
4 x Ge 4/4 II - A" - B" - B" - BDt or Bt (Winter)
(1 STNP as replacement unit)

Chur - Albula - St. Moritz
6 x Ge 4/4 III - Alvra - At
Ge 4/4 III may be replaced with an Allegra, the At with a Bt and the Alvra consist with a rake of EW II

Landquart - Vereina - St. Moritz
same consists as Disentis - Scuol or
- push-pull consist Engadin
- 1 x Ge 4/4 II - A - B - B - B
- 1 x Ge 4/4 II - BDt - A - ... (not in push-pull mode)

Schiers - Chur - Thusis
5 x STZ (3101-05)
replacement possible with STNP (511-516) or Allegra ZTZ (3501-15)

Schlittelzug Bergün - Preda (- St. Moritz)
Ge 4/4 II - D - 3 WS - BDt

Vereina car shuttles
4 x Ge 4/4 III - car shuttle wagons - BDt 1721...42

Markus, Gürbetal

Robin Jorimann

This is very interesting information.
Thank you
Is there any news on the introduction of the Capricorns?
I might be going to Davos in the summer - am I likely to see them there then?
Thank you

Guerbetaler

Am 12.02.2020 um 21:39 schrieb Robin Jorimann:
Davos in the summer - am I likely to see them there then?
You might see them or you might not. IF you see them, then my list will be obsolete!

Markus, Gürbetal

Robin Jorimann

Thank you

Last summer it was very unusual to see an Allegra on the Landquart - Davos - Filisur route.
Three coaches (which Allegras are) are inadequate for the Davos - Filisur shuttle. Everybody staying in Davos at least one night gets a free public transport pass which includes Davos to Filisur.
There are also more people cycling, usually in groups, these days

Guerbetaler

Am 13.02.2020 um 11:31 schrieb Robin Jorimann:
Three coaches (which Allegras are) are inadequate for the Davos -
Filisur shuttle.
This is why Ge 4/4 III now have four coaches and Allegras come with B"
and Bt

Markus, Gürbetal

Robin Jorimann

Thank you, Markus.

Does this mean the Allegras have four or more coaches? Last summer I did not see one Allegra on the Davos - Filisur shuttle and after some lovely walks I always seemed to end up at the station cafe at Filisur for a beer and an hour or so of trains!
Thank you again

Guerbetaler

Am 14.02.2020 um 08:57 schrieb Robin Jorimann:
Does this mean the Allegras have four or more coaches?
What I wrote was this:
Am 13.02.2020 um 23:03 schrieb Guerbetaler:
This is why ... Allegras [now] come with B" and Bt
Allegra 3501-15 = 3-car
B" = 1 coach
Bt = 1 driving trailer

In my count this toatals 5