RhB : Bernina Gem 4/4 Sat 28th May

David Prior

Well, this is a bit of a coincidence, but I note that 801 is diagrammed tomorrow with 3509 on train R4624, 06:28 Poschiavo- St Moritz.

3509 is “Z”, and 801 is “S”, which I believe suggests the Gem is dragged, and not powering. If so, a shame !

tudor erich

3509 is “Z”, and 801 is “S”, which I believe suggests the Gem is dragged, and not powering. If so, a shame !
Perhaps the other way round on the way back.......
Bernard

Guerbetaler

Am 29.05.2021 um 07:25 schrieb tudor erich via groups.io:
3509 is “Z”, and 801 is “S”, which I believe suggests the Gem is
dragged, and not powering. If so, a shame !
Perhaps the other way round on the way back.......
Oh, did I miss something? Will 801 immediately return to Poschiavo?

Markus, Gürbetal

Thomas

If it's dragged on the way to St. Moritz, what would be the point of returning it to Poschiavo? Probably just a one-way transfer.

Rgds, Thomas.

David Prior

On 29 May 2021, at 21:15, Guerbetaler <guerbetaler@sunrise.ch> wrote:
Am 29.05.2021 um 07:25 schrieb tudor erich via groups.io:
3509 is “Z”, and 801 is “S”, which I believe suggests the Gem is
dragged, and not powering. If so, a shame !
Perhaps the other way round on the way back.......
Oh, did I miss something? Will 801 immediately return to Poschiavo?
It was diagrammed as a one-way move., dropping off 801 at Pontresina.

glenn allen

Am 29.05.2021 um 07:25 schrieb tudor erich via groups.io:
3509 is “Z”, and 801 is “S”, which I believe suggests the Gem is
dragged, and not powering. If so, a shame !
Perhaps the other way round on the way back.......
➢ 801 was only booked to work the one train, then remained at Pontresina.

Andy

A pure guess, but 802 has been working the Dienstzug to Alp Grüm from the north on a Tuesday morning, so perhaps it's due some maintenance and 801 has been sent to cover...

Andy McM

David

One of the units was sitting on the short siding at Alp Grum today at 12:40 (as viewed on the RhB livestream).

David

Andy

One of the units was sitting on the short siding at Alp Grum today at 12:40 (as viewed on the RhB livestream).
That would have been for the occasional (on a Thursday) supply train to the works based around the old turntable siding. (More common is a Tuesday one, normally a weekly delivery of materials. This week that was powered by the ex-ABe Xe 232.01.)
I noticed a train was present again today (a cement container and what were probably a couple of Rp-w with white sacks of something on pallets, but I was too busy to hang around and see what was shunting it - so thanks for telling me ! (Don't suppose you noticed any Xac lurking near the Gem somewhere, did you?)

Regards, Andy McMillan

David

A bit off topic: is that the remains of an old switch on the short siding at Alp Grum?
There doesn’t appear to be room for a track with the retaining wall alongside.

David

Andy

David wrote:
A bit off topic: is that the remains of an old switch on the short siding at Alp Grum?
There doesn’t appear to be room for a track with the retaining wall alongside.
Hello David,

Not sure I understand the question. Do you mean, "were there once 4 loops at Alp Grüm"?

Andy