Sargans Gleis 1

Andrew Moglestue

I recently had a discussion about the absence of a track 1 in Sargans .

Is this missing because it once existed and was removed ?

Or did it never exist but the number was reserved in case a further track should be needed ?

Martin Baumann

This plan from 1936 suggests that such a track exisited but at that point the platforms were numbered the opposite way round and the one now gone was then 6

https://www.gleisplaene-schweiz.ch/gleispl%C3%A4ne-sbb/kreis-iii-1936/sargans/

Guerbetaler

Am 09.06.2021 um 20:34 schrieb Andrew Moglestue via groups.io:
I recently had a discussion about the absence of a track 1 in Sargans.
Is this missing because it once existed and was removed ? Or did it
never exist but the number was reserved in case a further track
should be needed ?
The current track numbers in Sargans were introduced in 1983, when the loop opened and platforms with an underpass had been built. Thus track 1 never existed South of track 2.

I can't recall the track numbers before 1983. But there was a track 1 and it must have been adjacent to the station building. Maybe the track numbers were A1 etc. on the Zürich side and B1 on the Buchs - St. Gallen side. But I can't find what it really was. These numbers had been introduced, after SBB stopped to number the platforms.

In an old photo I could locate, the platform numbers, that were in use until the 1960ies can be seen:
1 Chur - Buchs - St. Gallen
2 Chur - Zürich

https://www.geneanet.org/cartes-postales/view/6876770

Am 09.06.2021 um 22:37 schrieb Guerbetaler:
I can't recall the track numbers before 1983. But there was a track 1
and it must have been adjacent to the station building. Maybe the track
numbers were A1 etc. on the Zürich side and B1 on the Buchs - St. Gallen
side. But I can't find what it really was. These numbers had been
introduced, after SBB stopped to number the platforms.
Not so bad, it was just the other way round ;-)
https://www.gleisplaene-schweiz.ch/gleispl%C3%A4ne-sbb/kreis-iii-1966/sargans/

St. Gallen were tracks A1, A2 and A3
Zürich were tracks B1, B2, B3, (B4 etc )

https://sarganserland-walensee.ch/alte_ansichten/sargans_mels/original/bahnhof_sargans.jpg

Markus, Gürbetal

Toma Bacic

According to the www.gleisplaene-schweiz.ch, there was track 1 in Sargans...
Direct link to the track plan from June 1932:
https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=1556x10000:format=jpg/path/sbb5bfead8c35116a/image/i7d46299ab643e012/version/1528485362/image.jpg

regards
toma
--