SBB Booklets

stephenhorobin

Does anyone remember the free booklets available from SBB stations?
One listed trains you could sit next to the driver.
The other listed historical trains which worked limited mainly freight services.

My best journey next to the driver was over the Loetschberg route in a diverted TEE 'Grey Mouse' from Lausanne to Milano. There had been one heck of a afternoon storm in the Valais. When I finally got back to my hotel I had to bang on the door as the proprietor had gone to bed!

This year would have been my 35th consecutive year of visiting Switzerland I'm hoping that normal travelling will be restored by the end of the year.

Best wishes to all
Steve.

Martin Baumann

That was the "Kursbuch für Eisenbahnfreunde" If you put that into google you can see pictures and further details

Guerbetaler

Am 13.04.2020 um 12:19 schrieb Martin Baumann:
That was the "Kursbuch für Eisenbahnfreunde" If you put that into
google you can see pictures and further details
I think the last edition was 1991/92. It was followed by an A4 Booklet "Aus der Sicht des Lokomotivführers / Voir avec le mécanicien 1992/93". I think this was discontinued.

Markus, Gürbetal

glyn.jones

At one time the Swiss Railways Society used to give members a free copy with
one of the editions of their magazine "Swiss Express".

Glyn

[please delete old messages when answering]