SBB conductor key


Maybe You have technical draw of SBB conductor as per picture below.
Best regardsTomasz Sztencel


Here are three keys (Ricardo):


Mike C

glenn allen

That looks like the standard one used by a lot of the railways to operate the ‘ready to depart switch’

Max Wyss

This looks to me like a reguler "Bern Key" (the search engines may find



Am 28.02.2020 um 23:06 schrieb Max Wyss:
This looks to me like a regular "Berne Key" (the search engines may find
Interestingly the German Wiki article doesn't have an English or a French equivalent. And the picture only has a German caption and even Wikidata doesn't lead anywhere else...

However, there are two forms of the key, one, as depicted with a positive and a negative version, the other one only with the negative one. Usage in railway is quite wide. All doors, windows, panels, switches etc. need this type of key. Railway standard (Berne convention) is 8 mm (slightly tapered for the key).

However, as the Berne key is so widespread, in some places other keys were introduced, especially access to cabs etc.

Markus, Gürbetal

Max Wyss

In a former life, I worked as a Steward for SSG, and I did get a
positive/negative key.