-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: <rmtomasko@aol.com>
| Is there a possibility that local rail service (not provided by bus) will
| return to the Goddard line to towns such as Wassen?

I do not think so, as the villages are not exactly at the railway stations.
But bus can go into the villages. In addition, bus service is cheaper for the
canton to order, because part of that bus line is needed anyway. So,
reintroducing trains would mean doubling the offer in a not very populated
valley.

| When the Goddard base tunnel is completed, what will be the plan for
| passenger rail service on the existing, scenic Goddard line?

As it is still quite some years away (about 13), there are no exact plans.
L�tschberg will be first (6 years away). There it is thought, that an hourly
RX or IR will desserve Frutigen, Kandersteg and Goppenstein, but probably also
M�lenen and Reichenbach i.K. I am not sure about the offer on the south side.
But if RX stops on all south-ramp stations, this train is not very attractive
for through-going tourists. This will also depend on whether trains start in
Frutigen, Spiez or Bern.

A similar thing will probably happen at the Gotthard. I am quite sure that the
"old" lines will have to be kept as backup and to make it possible to
partially close the new lines for maintenance. This concept is already true
(since 1916) for Hauenstein!

Passenger service will most likely be an RX or IR stopping at G�schenen,
Airolo and Faido. The more interesting question is, whether these trains run
Luzern - Bellinzona or just Erstfeld - Biasca.

There is still time for answers. And for more questions...

Markus Giger